Members' Site of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine
Decorated Sugar Cookies
by Lisa Mcclanahan
- 2 Dozen of your favorite sugar cookies
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 Tablespoon corn syrup
- Food coloring
- Mix powdered sugar and milk until combined.
- Add in corn syrup and stir.
- Color icing as desired.
- Outline cookies with icing in a decorator bag, using tip #2, 3, or 4. If you don’t have a decorator bag, you may use a zipper baggie by snipping a very small hole in the baggie’s bottom corner.
- Thin icing with more corn syrup. Use this thinner icing to fill in tops of cookies. The icing should flow across the cookie.
- Let cookies set until dry.