How to Use This Course
This fun language arts unit studies important concepts such as identifying parts of a story and figurative language through the world of fairy tales, making it a perfect introductory unit for younger elementary students. Almost any stories can be used for most lessons, and links are provided to find many fairy tales online as well.
Each weekly lesson is broken into four bite-sized pieces that can be spread out through the week or all done in one sitting. Students will read numerous fairy tales and learn to identify problem, solution, rhyme, rhythm, figurative language, and more.
- Week One: Defining a Fairy Tale and Identifying Its Characteristics
- Week Two: Identifying the Problem and Solution
- Week Three: Identifying Differences and Similarities
- Week Four: Identifying Fairy Tale Types
- Week Five: Exploring How Illustrations Tell a Story
- Week Six: Introducing Rhyme and Rhythm
- Week Seven: Introducing Simile and Metaphor
- Week Eight: Introducing Hyperbole and Onomatopoeia
- Week Nine: Introducing Personification and Alliteration
Related Classes You May Enjoy