What’s New This Week?—September 1-6
We’re getting you ready for the new school year with new courses in September and throughout the fall! New with September’s first week: Imperial Russia with Professor Carol (www.professorcarol.com), Algebra for Kids, Internet Entrepreneurship for Teens, Whole Foods Cooking with Sue Gregg, and the daily unit study ABC with Me.
September marks our 100th offering (either course or daily unit study)! Remember, courses can be started at any time. Miss any material? Catch up on your schedule!
Learn from the Experts and Our SchoolhouseTeachers.com Courses
Special note: Christian filmmaker George Escobar’s (Advent Film Group) newest movie, Hero, opens nationwide in September. You can get the movie at Walmart stories on Sept. 16 and support films with a strong Christian message. George is teacher of a 36-week Filmmaking course at SchoolhouseTeachers.com.
* * * * *
- Biology with Ruth Sundeen-Kingdom Protista; comparing plant and animal cells. Watch the course preview video.
- American History: Colonization Era with Amy Puetz-Pilgrims in the New World
- Renaissance History with Rhonda Clark-Overview of English history
- Animal Science with Dr. Sonya Brouillette-Amphibians
- Creative Writing with Carrie Daws-September’s focus: Characters
- Literature with Adam Andrews-The Odyssey by Homer. Thirty pages of study on a literary classic, story charts, a blank story chart for you to develop, and much more!
- Writing with Janice Campbell-The Myth of Daedalus and Icarus
- Geology with Patrick Nurre of Northwest Treasures-Exploring America’s Natural Wonders: Fossil Butte National Monument. Watch the course preview video.
- Mock Trial with Deborah Burton-September’s topic: free spech. Develop your own mock trial, debate, or persuasive paper.
- Botany with Julie Polanco-Flowers and Food
- Art Techniques with Brenda Ellis-September’s focus: watercolor painting techniques
- Music Theory/Education with Michelle Martin-Melodic and Harmonic Intervals
- Reading Lessons for young readers or struggling readers with Dr. Matthew Glavach-September’s focus: middle school and high school struggling readers
- Science with Jason Lindsey-weekly experiments with pdfs and videos
- Figures in History with Cathy Diez-Luckie-September’s Figure: Ulysses S. Grant
- Lapbooking with Kimm Bellotto-September’s lapbook: The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin by Beatrix Potter
- Literature Kits with Marla Schultz-September’s Lit Kit: Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- Reading List with Michelle Miller-September’s Topic: Heroes
Plus great material in Studio Art for Teens with Sharon Jeffus, Tinkers Club with Ed Sobey, (How to Teach) Elementary Math from Dr. Peter Price, Homesteading with Lisa Barthuly, Special Needs with Judi Munday. French with Greg Shone will return for Year Three later this fall.
Previous weeks remain posted for catchup and review.
For a list of all courses both active and archived that includes suggested grade levels, click here.
Don’t miss all the incredible resources we have in the Schoolhouse Preschool for your littlest learners including:
- Seven lessons from the Homegrown Preschool team of Kathy Lee and Lesli Richards.
- ABC with Me history series for preschoolers
- Early Learning Sensory Activities with Beth Gorden.
- Charlotte Mason Preschool with Brittney Jordan.
- Figures in History with Cathy Diez-Luckie.
- Pre-K Activities: Read and Play.
- Pre-K Spelling with video flashcards.
- Animated books by EZ Tales.
- Plus coloring activities, stories, games, and more!
We’ve got lots of new material this week in the Schoolhouse Dailies, bite-sized units to fit into any day.
- ABC with ME-Our newest Daily for your littlest learner!
- Daily Grammar-for 1st, 5th, and 6th/7th (and completed material for 3rd/4th)
- Daily Puzzlers
- Daily Writing
- Ditch the Desk-September’s theme: Baking with Math
- Everyday Easels-The Hermitage in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Everyday Games-5 new math games for elementary
- Everyday Organization
- Schoolhouse Spelling: High School-Charlotte Mason-themed spelling activities, vocabulary building, and more.
- Schoolhouse Spelling: Middle School-Charlotte Mason-themed spelling activities, vocabulary building, and more.
- Schoolhouse Spelling: Upper Elementary-Charlotte Mason-themed spelling activities, vocabulary building, and more.
Plus great ongoing material in Pre-K: Read and Play, Simply Shakespeare (Two Gentlemen of Verona), Everyday Copywork, Daily Discoveries, Joy in the Morning, Kinetic Connections, Everyday Copywork, and Everyday Explorers: USA.
And don’t forget the resources in our completed Dailies including Daily Math, Everyday Astronomy, Everyday Explorers: Australia & New Zealand, Everyday Explorers: Canada, Schoolhouse Music: Recorder, Schoolhouse Spelling: Pre-K/K, Schoolhouse Spelling: Lower Elementary, Test Your Knowledge, This Day in History, and This Month’s Menu.
Don’t forget the DOZENS of complete courses we have on the site including:
- Computer Science/Programming with Chris Yust (12 months)
- Home Economics with Heather Leach (6 months)
- Public Speaking with Rebekah Bell (5 months)
- Statistics (high school level) with Kathy LaPan (5 months)
- Friendly Chemistry with Joey Hajda (12 weeks with video)
- Charlotte Mason-Preschool with Brittney Jordan (6 months)
- Family Fitness with Bethany Learn (3 months with video)
- Charlotte Mason Homeschooling with Cindy West (5 months)
- Photography with Michele Peterson (8 months)
- Elementary Spanish with Carol Henderson (9 months) available until January 1, 2015
- Nature/Outdoors with Erin Dean (14 months)
- Economics with Mike Sims (14 months)
- Pre-Algebra/Algebra with Charlene Johnson (10 months)
- Classical Archaeology with Regan Barr (5 months)
- ASL Adventure with Sandra Heflin (4 months)
- Asia: Safari with Bonnie Rose Hudson (38 weeks)
- Family Nutrition with Jennifer Needham (4 months)
- Beginning Sewing: Historical Costumes with Amy Puetz (4 months)
- Beginning Violin with Nancy Blue (8 months)
- College Choice Guidance with Denise Ames (19 months)
- Asia: Its People and History with Bonnie Rose Hudson (6 months)
- Career Exploration with Carol Topp (8 weeks)
- Starting a Micro Business for Teens with Carol Topp (8 weeks)
- Experience Videomaking with Evonne Mandella (5 months)
- Chemistry (All Things Matter) with Anna Crisostomo (12 weeks)
- Classical History with Jennifer Courtney (29 weeks)
- Classics-Based Writing with Janice Campbell (11 months)
- Filmmaking with George Escobar (36 weeks)
- Geography with Terri Johnson (12 months)
- Guitar with Jerry Jennings (8 months)
- Hands-On Hebrew with Evonne Mandella (16 weeks)
- History: Christian Luminaries by Diana Waring (4 months)
- Home Economics with Malia Russell (10 months)
- Homegrown Preschooler with Kathy Lee and Leslie Richards (7 months)
- How to Write and Produce a Play with Dr. Marci Hanks (10 months)
- Keyboarding with David Kimball (10 weeks)
- Logic with Lisa Duffy (15 weeks)
- Media Socialization with Dr. Lisa Dunne (19 weeks)
- Music/Voice with Joy Sikorski (11 months)
- Physics with Jim Mueller (5 months)
- Scientific Method by Anna Crisostomo (6 weeks)
- Sensory Learning for Toddlers: Playing and Learning My ABCs with Beth Gorden (26 weeks)
- Social Justice with Kurt Hoffman (4 months)
- Trigonometry with Martha Candler (12 weeks)
- Wildlife Adventures with Kelli Becton (15 weeks)
- Writing: Advertising Copy with Sharon Watson (3 weeks)
- Writing: Compare/Contrast Study with Sharon Watson (10 weeks)
- Writing: College Admission Essay with Sharon Watson (2 weeks)
- We even have an animated books collection!