How to Use This Course
On the Homestead is a collection of resources about adjusting to country life, growing blueberries, caring for your firearm, processing a deer, keeping bees, building a sustainable evergreen food plan, and taking care of your pets.
From discovering your dream home in the country is a little less than dreamy to caring for your animals and building a sustainable food plan, On the Homestead looks at daily life and challenges families face and offers tips and solutions to help.
- An Urban Migration to the Country: Join Patrice Lewis as she moves from city life in Sacramento to a homestead in Oregon and finds life isn’t quite what she imagined it would be.
- Bountiful Blueberries: From the Garden to the Kitchen: Are you interested in growing blueberries on your homestead? Learn everything you need to know from planting to pruning to preserving!
- Using & Caring for Your Firearms: Learn how to properly use and care for your firearms!
- Venison: From the Field to the Freezer: Processing a deer, although time consuming, is not difficult. Meredith Duke walks you through each step of processing a deer once it has been harvested and dressed. Learn the step-by-step method to turn your recently harvested deer into venison for your table.
- Beekeeping 101: Everything a Beginner Needs to Know: Beekeeping is not a difficult homesteading project. Learn how to start a hive (or two) on your property, maintain and split hives, feed your hives, perform annual maintenance duties, and enjoy a few recipes, too!
- Building a Sustainable, Ever-Green Food Plan: Growing a garden is not just for those in the country. Learn how to grow your own green food supply, and other great tips!
- Pet Care at Home: Keep your pets and farm animals happy and healthy with this 41-page eBook!
Related Classes You May Enjoy