Life Lessons from Christian Luminaries
Nationally-known history teacher Diana Waring of Diana Waring Presents shared four lessons on Christian luminaries that is sure to bring new life to any history program. This is how Diana describes these resources:
The word luminary means a person who inspires or influences others, especially one prominent in a particular sphere. We are going to consider the life and times, the ministry and service, and the courage and faith of a number of men and women who have followed Jesus to the ends of the earth.
We will look briefly at the historic and cultural setting of these servants of the Lord, along with considering these questions:
- Where are they from, and where did they serve?
- Who were the people, the communities, that they served?
- What particular spiritual and character traits are they known for?
- When did they live? Which specific historic events took place that impacted them?
- What trials did they encounter?
- Why are they noteworthy? In what way might they become a role model for believers today?
Are you ready? Choose from the men and women below and prepare to see history in a new way.
Diana Waring, author of Beyond Survival, Reaping the Harvest and the History Revealed curriculum published by AiG, discovered years ago that “the key to education is relationship.”Beginning in the early 80s, Diana homeschooled her children through high school—providing real-life opportunities to learn how kids best learn. Mentored by educators whose focus was to honor Him who created all learners, and with an international background (born in Germany, a university degree in French, a lifelong student of world history), Diana has been enthusiastically received by audiences on four continents.