SchoolhouseTeachers.com is the curriculum site of The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine. Below is our Statement of Faith. As a curriculum site, our lessons will not violate any of these principles, however our teachers may have varying personal beliefs within those outlined below. In addition, the opinions shared by teachers and individuals writing for SchoolhouseTeachers.com that fall outside the scope of this statement of faith are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine or its staff.
From The Old Schoolhouse & Paul and Gena Suarez
Jesus Christ, the Word is God, God the Father is God. The Holy Spirit is God. There are no gods but one God.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, one holy Christian church, the communion of all true saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the eternal (never-ending) gift of life.
- We believe that the Bible is the ONLY inerrant Word of God. In it, we can find all instructions in righteousness, holiness and faith. It is our authoritative “handbook” for Christian living . . . the ONLY book that is necessary for our faith.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. This ONE God is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient. This God is also holy, righteous, good, loving and full of mercy, by character. He is the Creator of all things. He sustains all things.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, Who is our Lord God, is fully God, yet fully man. Only through Jesus Christ can man find redemption and have eternal life. Without Jesus Christ, man cannot find eternal life but will spend eternity apart from God, in suffering. This eternal life with God is freely given of God but must be accessed His way, which is through His son, our Lord Jesus Christ.We believe in the full deity of the Holy Spirit, and acknowledge His role as God, in creation and in redemption and, very importantly, as our Comforter. The present ministry of the Holy Spirit, among many things, is to indwell in the Christian, enabling him to live a Godly life. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His physical death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His imminent bodily return in power and glory.
- We believe that man is in rebellion against God because of Adam’s sin. Man’s very nature is evil and all are bound for hell, a place of eternal darkness and torment, unless the Father calls him. For salvation of any man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. We are made righteous by God, through faith in Him, and although faith without works is dead, it is faith ALONE which brings salvation.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, those who are saved to the resurrection of life, and those who are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe that at the perfect time in history, God chose to reveal Himself and to declare His will to His Church. Afterwards, for the purpose of preserving and propagating the truth, and for the more certain establishment and comfort of the Church against corruption, and the malice of Satan and of the world, it pleased Him to commit this revealed will to the written word. We can approach the Word of God as the source of truth about the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Scripture (the Bible or the Word) consists of all of the books of the Old and New Testaments, which are Genesis through Malachi, and Matthew through Revelation, respectively. Each and every one of these books is given by inspiration of God, to be the rule of faith and life.
- There are several books, commonly called the Apocrypha, which are not of divine inspiration and are no part of the canon of Scripture. Therefore, they can not be used as an authority from which to draw from in the Church of God. They are not to be more esteemed, or made use of, than any other works of printed materials.
- The authority of the Bible does not depend on the testimony or tradition of any man or church, but entirely upon God, who is Truth itself, and the Author of truth. It is therefore to be received as the highest authority, and can be depended on fully, without any supplementation. It is the divinely inspired Word of God.
- The whole counsel of God, concerning all things necessary for God’s glory, man’s salvation, faith and life, is either expressly set down in Scripture or may be deduced from Scripture. Nothing whatsoever is to be added to this, whether by “new revelations” of the Spirit or by the traditions of man.
- The infallible rule of interpretation of Scripture is the Scripture itself. Therefore, when there is a question or misunderstanding about the true and full sense of any passage in the Bible, it must be searched and known by other places in God’s Word that speak more clearly, always considering Biblical context.
- We believe that there is one living and true God. He is infinite, perfect, pure. He is the Rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. He is most just in His judgments, hating all sin, and He will by no means clear the guilty. God is loving, gracious, merciful, patient, abundant in goodness and truth. He forgives sin, but there is only One way He will forgive sin, only One—through His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, Who sacrificed Himself on the cross for His Church. Many men say their ways “seem” right, but in God’s holy Word, we find what God Himself requires for the forgiveness of our sins, and eternal life with Him. God has all life, glory, goodness, blessedness, in and of Himself. He is not in need of any creatures which He has made. He has most sovereign dominion over all creatures—over them, to do by them, for them and upon them. He does what He pleases, and nothing to Him is contingent or uncertain. He is most holy in His counsels, His works and in all His commands. To Him, and Him alone is due from angels and mankind, and any other creature, whatever worship, service or obedience He is pleased to require of them.
Please send us a note if you would like more information on spending eternity with God … Click Here.