Welcome to Our Eighth Grade School Box!
SchoolhouseTeachers.com has taken the work out of planning your eighth grade homeschool curriculum! Whether you are a brand new homeschooler wondering where to start, a veteran homeschool mom wanting to lighten your planning load, or somewhere in between, the virtual Eighth Grade School Box provides all the content you need for your middle school student to experience an engaging year of learning. Each School Box is made of individual curriculum guides, one for each core subject. Each subject’s guide covers a full year of study using courses from SchoolhouseTeachers.com.
Want to know how to get started? You can view our Curriculum Guide tutorial on our tutorial page!
The Eighth Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box is a set of online materials, including downloadable .pdf files, streaming videos, and other resources that are available immediately upon purchase of a SchoolhouseTeachers.com membership. There is no physical box of materials to store, no shipping cost, and no delay while waiting for materials to arrive.
✓ A curriculum guide for each subject that correlates objectives with the SchoolhouseTeachers.com Scope and Sequence
✓ Weekly checklists to keep you on track
✓ Daily checklists that guide you – and your student – through each activity
✓ Direct links to the SchoolhouseTeachers.com courses and resources you need by the week
✓ All the additional suggested materials for the year listed in one place, like art supplies and notepaper
✓ Links to additional SchoolhouseTeachers.com resources for those days you want to spend more time on a topic your kids love
Please check the SchoolhouseTeachers.com Scope and Sequence for a full list of the skills covered at each grade level. Here is just a sample of the topics your child will explore this year in eighth grade:
- Math: Algebra I includes linear equations, graphing, inequalities, equations, polynomials, factoring exponential expressions
- English/Language Arts:
- Literature: expand knowledge of prominent and classic authors; analyze, evaluate, and critique literature; identify farce, satire, soliloquies, and asides; compare and contrast tragedy and comedy
- Composition: continue to write for various purposes, use quotations appropriately, identify and include credible sources, create multimedia presentations
- Grammar: progressive tenses of verbs, participles, various moods, phrasal, italics and quotation marks, in-depth study of specific parts of speech
- Spelling: lists derived from scripture, literature, and famous speeches
- Science: Physical Science includes an overview of the study of chemistry, physics, geography, meteorology, oceanography, and astronomy
- History – Traditional: Post-World War II to present, Cold War, Korean War, Civil Rights Movement, Vietnam War, Gulf War, rights of Americans, British Empire, Republic of China, Middle East, European Union
- History – Classical: French and Indian War, American Revolution, Industrial Revolution, immigration, prominent historical figures and inventors of the time period, Cold War, Korean War, Russian history, missionaries’ lives and struggles, British Empire, Apartheid
- Social Studies/Geography: continental features, capitals of Asia and Africa, impact of technology, cultural heritage
- Art: elements of design, creating art by following examples, expressionism, cubism, art deco, pop art, study of famous artists
Absolutely not! You can choose the subject guides you need from the Eighth Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box. Choose curriculum guides from across multiple grades to match your student’s skills and interests, combine guides for some subjects with individual SchoolhouseTeachers.com courses of your choice in other subject areas, or customize using resources from one of our Focused Learning Centers. Flexible options help you meet your individual needs! **Always follow your state’s requirements**
The Eighth Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box, complete with all the curriculum guides and resources you need to successfully teach a full year of eighth grade skills, is automatically available as part of membership in SchoolhouseTeachers.com. We have several membership options to choose from, and every membership includes access to hundreds of courses, a huge selection of streaming videos, full World Book libraries, and dozens of additional tools and resources for your entire family!
Looking for another grade level? Be sure to explore the School Boxes tab on the menu bar.
Click on the subject below for Curriculum Guide and Courses.
See what SchoolhouseTeachers.com members are saying:
“SchoolhouseTeachers.com has helped me avoid many headaches dealing with lesson planning. The only problem I am having is what course to wait another year for because we can’t do them all.” ~ Somer O.
“We have been using SchoolhouseTeachers.com since 2015, and it seems there are more great options every year. We are considering keeping our membership even after the kids graduate because the classes are so good! Thank you SchoolhouseTeachers.com for making my school year so much easier.” ~ Annette B.