Welcome to Our Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum Box!
SchoolhouseTeachers.com has taken the work out of planning your kindergarten homeschool curriculum! Whether you are a brand new homeschooler wondering where to start, a veteran homeschool mom wanting to lighten your planning load, or somewhere in between, the virtual Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum Box provides all the content you need to experience a fun year of learning with your young student. Just open and go!
The Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum Box is a set of online materials, including downloadable .pdf files, streaming videos, and other resources that are available immediately upon purchase of a SchoolhouseTeachers.com membership. There is no physical box of materials to store, no shipping cost, and no delay while waiting for materials to arrive.
✓ A curriculum guide for each subject that correlates objectives with the SchoolhouseTeachers.com Scope and Sequence
✓ Weekly checklists to keep you on track
✓ Daily checklists that guide you—and your student—through each activity
✓ Direct links to the SchoolhouseTeachers.com courses and resources you need by the week
✓ All the additional suggested materials for the year listed in one place, like art supplies and notepaper
✓ Links to additional SchoolhouseTeachers.com resources for those days you want to spend more time on a topic your kids love
Please check the SchoolhouseTeachers.com Scope and Sequence for a full list of the skills covered at each level. Here is just a sample of the topics your child will explore this year:
- Math: counting, recognizing and writing numbers 1-100, basic addition and subtraction, time and calendar skills, comparisons
- English/Language Arts:
- Phonics: upper- and lowercase letters, letter-sound correspondence, rhyming and word families, word to picture matching, common CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) word structures and early sight words
- Comprehension: predicting the outcome of a story, answering simple questions about stories, sequencing story events, following one- and two-step directions, short memorization activities
- Handwriting: pencil grip, prewriting skills, letter formation, tips and tricks for remembering specific letters
- Composition: sentence completion and organizing thoughts (oral, not written)
- Spelling: phonics-based spelling rules and associated lists
- Science: seeds, five senses, weather, seasons, space, light and shadows, magnetism
- History: early American history, family history, national symbols
- Health: nutrition, sleep needs, basic hygiene, exercise
- Social Studies/Geography: famous US monuments and landmarks, maps of familiar places, community helpers, American holidays and celebrations
- Music: traditional, patriotic, and age-appropriate songs; common instruments and their appearance and sounds; clapping and moving in time with music
- Art: fine motor skills; shapes and color; types of lines, patterns, and textures; experiences with a variety of art media (pencils, crayons, chalk, moldable dough, etc.)
Absolutely not! You can choose the subject guides you need from the Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum Box. Focus on fewer subjects, combine guides for some subjects with individual SchoolhouseTeachers.com courses of your choice in other subject areas, or customize using resources from one of our Focused Learning Centers. Flexible options help you meet your individual needs! **Always follow your state’s requirements**
The Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum Box, complete with all the curriculum guides and resources you need to successfully teach a full year of kindergarten skills, is automatically available as part of membership in SchoolhouseTeachers.com. We have several membership options to choose from, and every membership includes access to hundreds of courses, a huge selection of streaming videos, ten full World Book libraries, and dozens of additional tools and resources for your entire family!
Click on the subject below for Curriculum Guide and Courses.
See what SchoolhouseTeachers.com members are saying:
“Course outlines, lesson plans, and easy-to-follow directions for printable resources/worksheets make it a snap to use! I am absolutely LOVING the planner that was included in my membership!” ~ Charlene W.
“I have been using SchoolhouseTeachers.com for several years now in my homeschool curriculum. There are so many classes to choose from, plus all kinds of extras. Although I am secular and many of these classes have religious components, I have found that it is not incompatible with our goals.” ~ Lisa R.