Welcome to Our Seventh Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box!
SchoolhouseTeachers.com has taken the work out of planning your seventh grade homeschool curriculum! Whether you are a brand new homeschooler wondering where to start, a veteran homeschool mom wanting to lighten your planning load, or somewhere in between, the virtual Seventh Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box provides all the content you need for your middle school student to experience an engaging year of learning.
The Seventh Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box is a set of online materials, including downloadable .pdf files, streaming videos, and other resources that are available immediately upon purchase of a SchoolhouseTeachers.com membership. There is no physical box of materials to store, no shipping cost, and no delay while waiting for materials to arrive.
✓ A curriculum guide for each subject that correlates objectives with the SchoolhouseTeachers.com Scope and Sequence
✓ Weekly checklists to keep you on track
✓ Daily checklists that guide you—and your student—through each activity
✓ Direct links to the SchoolhouseTeachers.com courses and resources you need by the week
✓ All the additional suggested materials for the year listed in one place, like art supplies and notepaper
✓ Links to additional SchoolhouseTeachers.com resources for those days you want to spend more time on a topic your kids love
Please check the SchoolhouseTeachers.com Scope and Sequence for a full list of the skills covered at each grade level. Here is just a sample of the topics your child will explore this year in seventh grade:
- Math: Pre-Algebra includes fractions, percents, decimals, English and metric measurement, number sets and graphing, algebraic expressions, geometry, statistics and probability
- English/Language Arts:
- Literature: compare and contrast two authors’ views; expand knowledge of prominent and classic authors; analyze, evaluate, and critique literature; study of various poetry works; analysis of Treasure Island
- Composition: continue to write for various purposes, use quotations appropriately, identify and include credible sources
- Grammar: structure of clauses; direct and indirect objects; brackets, hyphens and dashes; gerunds and infinitives
- Spelling: lists derived from scripture, literature, and famous speeches
- Science: Botany includes the study of plants, soil, water, respiration and circulation, and plants as medicine. Animal Science includes the study and protection of a variety of mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and their habitats.
- History – Traditional: Roaring Twenties through Post World War II, Great Depression, the New Deal, Manhattan Project, Renaissance to early 20th century, identify key events and important historical figures
- History – Classical: study of the culture, writings, government, and geographical contexts from 1492–1755; identify key events and important historical figures; explorers of the Americas; the middle colonies; the Great Awakening; the Reformation
- Health: water safety, careers in health-related fields, body systems, vitamins, five senses
- Social Studies/Geography: Western Hemisphere countries, cultures, landforms, and landmarks
- Music: dynamics, tempo, musical notation, treble and bass clefs, meter and time signatures, major scale, intervals
- Art: classify pieces of art by time period, study various eras of art
Absolutely not! You can choose the subject guides you need from the Seventh Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box. Choose curriculum guides from across multiple grades to match your student’s skills and interests, combine guides for some subjects with individual SchoolhouseTeachers.com courses of your choice in other subject areas, or customize using resources from one of our Focused Learning Centers. Flexible options help you meet your individual needs! **Always follow your state’s requirements**
The Seventh Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box, complete with all the curriculum guides and resources you need to successfully teach a full year of seventh grade skills, is automatically available as part of membership in SchoolhouseTeachers.com. We have several membership options to choose from, and every membership includes access to hundreds of courses, a huge selection of streaming videos, ten full World Book libraries, and dozens of additional tools and resources for your entire family!
Click on the subject below for Curriculum Guide and Courses.
See what SchoolhouseTeachers.com members are saying:
“I would highly recommend them to any family even if you do not homeschool and want to enrich your child’s public education. This is a great resource for that as well. This is a MUST have for homeschooling families everywhere.” ~ Crystal R.
“Thank you SchoolhouseTeachers.com for making our homeschool experience a pleasant one.” ~ Julia R.