We have many Christmas-themed resources for your family to enjoy during your homeschool journey in December. Here’s a roundup of lessons and videos on the site. Be sure to check back as this list is going to GROW!
- Prince of Peace: Relive the Christmas story in this fascinating 3D animation spectacular. See the story unfold as Mary and Joseph are visited by angels while Herod plots to erase any competition to his throne. (worksheet included)
- Go Look in the Manger: Eight-year-old Ricky borrows his mother’s favorite record to take to school for show-and-tell on the condition that, if it is broken, he will get no Christmas presents. (worksheet included)
- Candy Maker’s Christmas: “Only the finest for the king,” cheers the candy maker as he mixes and stirs and twirls his latest creation. As he walks into the snowy night, August is certain that he has made the perfect Christmas present for the royal family. (worksheet included)
- Micah’s Christmas Treasure: Micah, a poor shepherd boy, makes a wonderful discovery amidst the tumult and uncertainty of ancient Israel at the time of Christ’s birth. After Roman tax collectors punish their family for being unable to pay their taxes, young Micah and his sister, Rachel, set out to acquire the treasure that will save their home. Their quest takes them on an adventure that puts them in the middle of one of history’s greatest moments. Due to licensing restrictions at this time, this video is only available to members in North America. (worksheet included)
- Christmas Is: An animated classic about Benji, a disappointed little boy who must play the second shepherd in the school play — again. Disappointment turns to joy when a daydream transports him and his lovable pooch, Waldo, back to the first Christmas. There the second shepherd shares with them the angels’ message–that Jesus is born in Bethlehem! Due to licensing restrictions at this time, this video is only available to members in North America. (worksheet included)
- The City That Forgot About Christmas: The story of a woodcarver who lived in a village that had forgotten about Christmas. When he taught the children of the town about the birth of Jesus, the uncaring village was filled with the joy of Christ. Due to licensing restrictions at this time, this video is only available to members in North America. (worksheet included)
- A Stableboy’s Christmas: This award-winning dramatic special finds 10-year-old Tammy traveling back in time to the first Christmas in Bethlehem and witnessing the little stableboy’s act of unselfish love when he gives the Christ child his pet lamb. Tammy then realizes how sharing presents with others is a way of sharing God’s love at Christmas. Due to licensing restrictions at this time, this video is only available to members in North America.
- A Savior is Born: It’s one of the most familiar stories in human history: the birth of Jesus in a lowly manger in Bethlehem. A Savior, which is Christ the Lord. Yet, how can we prepare our hearts to celebrate the birth of our Savior in our frantic, consumer-driven society? How do we make sure the Christmas holiday remains a Holy Day?
- The Ride: A Christmas Eve Parable: It’s Christmas Eve in the suburbs of Chicago and a bored and disengaged taxi driver reluctantly accepts one more pickup. He soon begins to suspect that his passenger is planning to commit suicide. The cabbie prolongs the ride in an uncharacteristic attempt to connect and help. See how grace invades the hearts of both men in this powerful short film by Dallas Jenkins, director of What If…
- A Christmas Journey to Freedom: A Christmas journey unlike any you have ever taken before—a special holiday presentation about the journey of a runaway slave taken along the Underground Railroad. Featuring soloist Wintley Phipps, author and professor Dr. Allen Callahan, and actress Gwendolyn Briley-Strand as Harriet Tubman in the dramatic presentation, “A Christmas Journey to Freedom.”
- Bethlehem: Beyond the Christmas Story: Join us on a fascinating tour of the city of Bethlehem, the birthplace of Christ. Hosts Jimmy DeYoung and Bonnie Keen will lead you on a journey to key locations throughout Bethlehem—from Manger Square to the Shepherds’ Fields. Gain a better understanding of the place where Christmas began and the impact that event still has on Bethlehem today.
- Love Came for Me: Spend this Christmas in the land where Jesus was born and reflect on the Love that came for you. Travel to Jerusalem for a musical Christmas adventure featuring the passionate and soulful sounds of singer and songwriter Shannon Wexelberg. You’ll also hear from Jewish culture and history contributors Avner Boskey and Michael Rydelnik as they share insights into the value of knowing Jesus and understanding what He came to do for you.
- The Christmas Story: Discover what the first Christmas may have been like. Join Dámaris Carbaugh and the Discovery Singers, along with a few shepherds, Mary, Joseph, and some of their four-legged friends for this very special musical presentation.
- The Christmas Experience: (feature movie or 6-part Bible study) An imaginative Bible-based reenactment that examines the important truths discovered in the first Christmas, including that God always keeps His promises. Those who feel like it’s always winter and never Christmas often feel distanced from God. But through these resources, and the story of Christmas, we find that we can always trust God’s timing.
Christmas and Gingerbread
Animals of the Nativity
Christmas Architecture (Gingerbread Houses)
Birth of the King
(Multiple languages available)
Painting Holiday Textures in Watercolor
Various Christmas-themed Prompts in the December Lists
Gifts and Winter
History of the Christmas Tree
Keeping Christ in Christmas and Character Before Curriculum
The Real Saint Nicholas
See the Christmas section of the Everyday Copywork archive
St. Joseph the Carpenter by Georges de La Tour
Presentation of Christ in the Temple by Giovanni di Paolo
Tree of Jesse
Found in our Unit Studies and More section.
Beyond Toys and Games
Christmas Reading for the Whole Family
Christmas in the Barn
The Gift of the Magi
Why the Chimes Rang
Special Christmas Lesson
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
The Quiltmaker’s Gift
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Lesson 10: Projects (Photo Gifts You Can Create)
Matthew 2 and Luke 1-2
Christmas Parts One, Two, and Three
A number of Christmas-related activities are built in
Rest Ye Merry-A Shakespearean Celebration
Wonderful Christmas Gift Ideas and Art
Angels in Art
Snow and Ice in Art and Literature
Bells in Art, Literature, and Music
Joy to the World
The specific titles available each Christmas season is subject to change.