Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Encouragement on SchoolhouseTeachers.com!
Grab a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate, pull up a chair, and take a moment to enjoy 12 days of Christmas encouragement from moms and homeschoolers just like you. We invited writers from all around the world to share their thoughts and insights on how to take some of the stress out of Christmas, and they shared twelve articles full of tips and ideas from exploring Advent to slowing down to do more. Take a look! PLUS, don’t miss a very special picture book called The Hippo in the Stable, available from author Mark Trodd as a free download below.
How to Opt Out of Christmas Stress by Angela Fitzgerald
- How to avoid pre-, during-, and post-Christmas letdowns
Memories of Christmas Cards by Phyllis Sather
- The dilemma of choosing to write Christmas cards or a Christmas letter
Slowing Down to Do More by Kathy LaPan
- How slowing down and refocusing on Jesus brings more wealth to your family
- Find various ways your child can bless others and remember the true meaning of Christmas.
- Everything you need to help elementary students see and touch Christmas through a fun hands-on expedition
More Time to Be Thankful by Kim Raymond
- How one family avoids rushing into Christmas and takes their time leaving it behind
- Symbolism, Scriptures, and discussion starters for you and your family
This Christmas by Amelia Brown
- This article challenges readers to incorporate small changes that will not only reduce holiday stress and feelings of burn out, but also bring Christ to the forefront.
A Gift for Jesus by Mark Trodd
- A mysterious box reveals the secret of what Jesus wants for Christmas.
- Don’t miss Mark’s free book below!
5 Tips to Cancel Christmas Chaos by Mark Huebner
- Here are five tips to help keep your spirit calm through the holiday season and cancel out the potential chaos of Christmas.
Caleb’s First Christmas by Bonnie Rose Hudson
- What her first Christmas with a baby nephew taught one author about the greatest Gift of all