Welcome to Our Third Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box!
SchoolhouseTeachers.com has taken the work out of planning your third grade homeschool curriculum! Whether you are a brand new homeschooler wondering where to start, a veteran homeschool mom wanting to lighten your planning load, or somewhere in between, the virtual Third Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box provides all the content you need to experience an exciting year of learning with your elementary student.
The Third Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box is a set of online materials, including downloadable .pdf files, streaming videos, and other resources that are available immediately upon purchase of a SchoolhouseTeachers.com membership. There is no physical box of materials to store, no shipping cost, and no delay while waiting for materials to arrive.
✓ A curriculum guide for each subject that correlates objectives with the SchoolhouseTeachers.com Scope and Sequence
✓ Weekly checklists to keep you on track
✓ Daily checklists that guide you—and your student—through each activity
✓ Direct links to the SchoolhouseTeachers.com courses and resources you need by the week
✓ All the additional suggested materials for the year listed in one place, like art supplies and notepaper
✓ Links to additional SchoolhouseTeachers.com resources for those days you want to spend more time on a topic your kids love
Please check the SchoolhouseTeachers.com Scope and Sequence for a full list of the skills covered at each grade level. Here is just a sample of the topics your child will explore this year in third grade:
- Math: multiplication, division, 4- and 5-digit addition and subtraction, solving measurement equations, converting measurements, fractions, decimals, elapsed time, multi-step word problems
- English/Language Arts:
- Reading and Comprehension: reading fluency, syllables, alphabetizing to the second letter, practice sight words, reading various age-appropriate texts, point of view, inferences, drawing conclusions, identify elements of poetry
- Handwriting: introduction to cursive handwriting
- Composition: specific types of poetry; early stages of research reports; short stories; quality paragraphs with distinctive beginning, middle, and end
- Grammar: types of sentences, punctuation, parts of speech, compound sentences, basic diagramming, contractions, quotation marks
- Spelling: lists derived from scripture, literature, and famous speeches
- Science: plants, animals, body systems, rocks and minerals, heat, light, sound, magnetism
- History – Traditional: early explorers, native people groups, thirteen colonies, Industrial Revolution, Europe
- History – Classical: study of the culture, writings, government, and geographical contexts from 1492–1755, including prominent historical figures
- Health: nutrition; first aid; fire, water, and street safety; exercise; physical activity
- Social Studies/Geography: latitude and longitude; landforms; climates of the regions of Earth; democracy; formation of US government; changes in transportation, technology, and communication; economic surplus; types of resources
- Music: integrate the study of instruments, rhythm, and music notation through the study of the works of specific composers
- Art: elements of design, art vocabulary, exploration of various media types, following directions to complete specific types of art
Absolutely not! You can choose the subject guides you need from the Third Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box. Focus on fewer subjects, combine guides for some subjects with individual SchoolhouseTeachers.com courses of your choice in other subject areas, or customize using resources from one of our Focused Learning Centers. Flexible options help you meet your individual needs! **Always follow your state’s requirements**
The Third Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box, complete with all the curriculum guides and resources you need to successfully teach a full year of third grade skills, is automatically available as part of membership in SchoolhouseTeachers.com. We have several membership options to choose from, and every membership includes access to hundreds of courses, a huge selection of streaming videos, ten full World Book libraries, and dozens of additional tools and resources for your entire family!
Click on the subject below for Curriculum Guide and Courses.
See what SchoolhouseTeachers.com members are saying:
“Great all around curriculum, with everything you need to get started. Gives you the scope and sequence so you know exactly what your child should be learning. They have excellent customer service.” ~ Crystal R.
“SchoolhouseTeachers.com has a high standard for the classes that are available for such an incredibly reasonable price.” ~ Julia R.