Welcome to Our Fourth Grade School Box!
SchoolhouseTeachers.com has taken the work out of planning your fourth grade homeschool curriculum! Whether you are a brand new homeschooler wondering where to start, a veteran homeschool mom wanting to lighten your planning load, or somewhere in between, the virtual Fourth Grade School Box provides all the content you need to experience an exciting year of learning with your elementary student. Each School Box is made of individual curriculum guides, one for each core subject. Each subject’s guide covers a full year of study using courses from SchoolhouseTeachers.com.
Want to know how to get started? See the FAQs at the bottom of this page or visit our School Box Curriculum Guide tutorial!
Looking for another grade level? Be sure to explore the School Boxes tab on the menu bar.
Click on the subject below for Curriculum Guide and Courses.
See what SchoolhouseTeachers.com members are saying:
“I would highly recommend them to any family even if you do not homeschool and want to enrich your child’s public education this is a great resource for that as well. This is a MUST have for homeschooling families everywhere.” ~ Crystal R.
“Other companies could learn a thing or two from SHT! The selection of courses is mind blowing. There are options for every interest a child (and their mom) can think up. But I think my favorite part of it, aside from how easy it is to navigate, is that if a particular course doesn’t work for us, I can simply change it till I find one that does!” ~ Stacie S.
The Fourth Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box is a set of online materials, including downloadable .pdf files, streaming videos, and other resources that are available immediately upon purchase of a SchoolhouseTeachers.com membership. There is no physical box of materials to store, no shipping cost, and no delay while waiting for materials to arrive.
✓ A curriculum guide for each subject that correlates objectives with the SchoolhouseTeachers.com Scope and Sequence
✓ Weekly checklists to keep you on track
✓ Daily checklists that guide you – and your student – through each activity
✓ Direct links to the SchoolhouseTeachers.com courses and resources you need by the week
✓ All the additional suggested materials for the year listed in one place, like art supplies and notepaper
✓ Links to additional SchoolhouseTeachers.com resources for those days you want to spend more time on a topic your kids love
Please check the SchoolhouseTeachers.com Scope and Sequence for a full list of the skills covered at each grade level. Here is just a sample of the topics your child will explore this year in fourth grade:
- Math: negative numbers; expanded form of numbers; mean, median, and mode; multiplying 2-3 digit by 3 digit; dividing 2-3 digit by 2 digit; geometry concepts; use a protractor; converting mixed numbers to fractions; multiplying fractions
- English/Language Arts:
- Reading and Comprehension: read age-appropriate text, create an outline based on text, recognize character changes, identify haiku and other poetry forms, detect mood and dialect, determine fact and fiction
- Handwriting: continue cursive handwriting
- Composition: compose quality paragraphs with distinctive beginning, middle and end; begin creating essays with bibliography entries; persuasive writing
- Grammar: types of sentences, punctuation, parts of speech, independent and dependent clauses, diagramming, Greek and Latin roots
- Research: use a thesaurus, encyclopedia, sections of library, Bible concordance, and timelines
- Spelling: lists derived from scripture, literature, and famous speeches
- Science: plants, insects, body systems, weather and seasons, layers of Earth, electricity, building blocks of chemistry
- History- Traditional: Establishment of American government; Declaration of Independence; famous Revolutionary figures in history; identify and explain significance of key events in 1720-1845
- History- Classical: Study of the culture, writings, government, and geographical contexts from 1756 to the present day, including prominent historical figures; the Industrial Revolution; the Great Depression; World War II
- Health: Nutrition; first aid; body systems; study of the eyes; exercise; physical activity
- Social Studies/ Geography: Map scales; use features of a globe/ map to locate specific locations; mountain ranges; democracy and voting; 50 states; exports; producers and consumers
- Music: Classify music into genres; integrate the study of instruments, rhythm, music notation through the study of the works of specific composers
- Art: Recognize important pieces of art; utilize a variety of media in creating art; classify art by various characteristics and elements; following directions to complete specific types of art
Absolutely not! You can choose the subject guides you need from the Fourth Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box. Focus on fewer subjects, combine guides for some subjects with individual SchoolhouseTeachers.com courses of your choice in other subject areas, or customize using resources from one of our Focused Learning Centers. Flexible options help you meet your individual needs! **Always follow your state’s requirements**
The Fourth Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box, complete with all the curriculum guides and resources you need to successfully teach a full year of fourth grade skills, is automatically available as part of membership in SchoolhouseTeachers.com. We have several membership options to choose from, and every membership includes access to hundreds of courses, a huge selection of streaming videos, full World Book libraries, and dozens of additional tools and resources for your entire family!