Welcome to Our First Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box!
SchoolhouseTeachers.com has taken the work out of planning your first grade homeschool curriculum! Whether you are a brand new homeschooler wondering where to start, a veteran homeschool mom wanting to lighten your planning load, or somewhere in between, the virtual First Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box provides all the content you need to experience an exciting year of learning with your young student. Just open and go!
The First Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box is a set of online materials, including downloadable .pdf files, streaming videos, and other resources that are available immediately upon purchase of a SchoolhouseTeachers.com membership. There is no physical box of materials to store, no shipping cost, and no delay while waiting for materials to arrive.
✓ A curriculum guide for each subject that correlates objectives with the SchoolhouseTeachers.com Scope and Sequence
✓ Weekly checklists to keep you on track
✓ Daily checklists that guide you—and your student—through each activity
✓ Direct links to the SchoolhouseTeachers.com courses and resources you need by the week
✓ All the additional suggested materials for the year listed in one place, like art supplies and notepaper
✓ Links to additional SchoolhouseTeachers.com resources for those days you want to spend more time on a topic your kids love
Please check the SchoolhouseTeachers.com Scope and Sequence for a full list of the skills covered at each level. Here is just a sample of the topics your child will explore this year:
- Math: Counting, recognizing and writing numbers 1-1,000, addition and subtraction with story problems, place value, ordinal numbers, basic equations
- English/Language Arts:
- Phonics: continue to learn sounds and blends, syllables, alphabetizing to the first letter, practice sight words, read age-appropriate text
- Comprehension: reading and listening to various texts; identify cause and effect; identify basic parts of a story; answer basic who, what, when, where, why, and how questions; summarize what has been read
- Handwriting: correct letter formation and appropriate spacing for letters, words, and phrases
- Composition: oral and written sentence completion and organizing thoughts
- Grammar: capitalization, punctuation, nouns, verbs, adjectives, compound words, prefixes and suffixes
- Spelling: phonics-based spelling rules and associated lists
- Science: plants, animals, five senses, body systems, volcanoes, weather, matter, energy, astronomy
- History – Traditional: Early American history, family history, national symbols
- History – Classical: study of the culture, writings, government of the time period of Creation to AD 476
- Health: nutrition, sleep needs, basic hygiene, exercise, physical activity
- Social Studies/Geography: map keys, continents and countries, oceans, family, community helpers, farms, American holidays and celebrations
- Music: identification of common instruments, developing rhythm, basic reading music notes, sing and memorize age-appropriate songs
- Art: colors, elements of art, art vocabulary, exploration of various media types, introduction to famous artists
Absolutely not! You can choose the subject guides you need from the First Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box. Focus on fewer subjects, combine guides for some subjects with individual SchoolhouseTeachers.com courses of your choice in other subject areas, or customize using resources from one of our Focused Learning Centers. Flexible options help you meet your individual needs! **Always follow your state’s requirements**
The First Grade Homeschool Curriculum Box, complete with all the curriculum guides and resources you need to successfully teach a full year of first grade skills, is automatically available as part of membership in SchoolhouseTeachers.com. We have several membership options to choose from, and every membership includes access to hundreds of courses, a huge selection of streaming videos, ten full World Book libraries, and dozens of additional tools and resources for your entire family!
Click on the subject below for Curriculum Guide and Courses.
See what SchoolhouseTeachers.com members are saying:
“SchoolhouseTeachers.com has helped me avoid many headaches dealing with lesson planning. The only problem I am having is what course to wait another year for because we can’t do them all.” ~ Somer O.
“Other companies could learn a thing or two from SHT! The selection of courses is mind blowing. There are options for every interest a child (and their mom) can think up. But I think my favorite part of it, aside from how easy it is to navigate, is that if a particular course doesn’t work for us, I can simply change it till I find one that does!” ~ Stacie S.