How to Use This Course
Internet Entrepreneurship for Teens is taught through weekly lessons containing practical study, questions, and assignments to enable teens to create a real or mock Internet-based business from scratch. The student will learn how to market their business through multimedia, through a website, and through social media. Topics covered will include learning the essential elements of a well-designed logo or brand, generating ideas, selecting software, writing a slogan, and much more. Options, both free and paid, for the software capable of design and image manipulation are given in one of the course lessons. Students are encouraged to explore their talents and interests and to discover their purpose and calling in life and in the job market. These lessons are best covered in the order they are presented as they build on one another throughout the course. This course counts as a computer/technology credit and students who complete all 24 lessons can earn one academic credit. As always, please check your own state’s academic requirements.
This class’ objective is to teach junior high and high school students how to start a business, create a brand around that business—whether a real one or a mock one—and how to promote that business through Internet and traditional media, teaching them the foundational skills of marketing. We’ll have a few main goals in mind as we move through this course. We will:
- Provide hands-on opportunities of exploration so the students can discover their passions, purpose, and callings in life and career/business;
- Talk about becoming a light in a dark world, communicating the Gospel directly or indirectly through the media arts;
- Learn how to discover excellence in twenty-first century media arts;
- Learn, discover, and create our own artistic logo, business card, multimedia portfolio presentation, video/film, and website, all based on a real business endeavor or a mock one.
Students will need a computer and software capable of design and image manipulation. Options, both free and paid, will be given in one of the course lessons.
Are you ready to dive in and start discovering how to become an Internet entrepreneur? Join me through the lesson link below.
Weekly lessons contain practical study, questions, and assignments to equip teens to create an Internet-based business from scratch
UNIT 1: Foundations in Business
- Choosing to Become an Internet Entrepreneur
- Creating a Vision for Your Life and Business
- Choosing a Persona Vs. Name: Which One are You?
- Learning the Essential Elements of a Well-Designed Logo/Brand
- Selecting the Best Software to Build Your Business and the Best Media Equipment to Promote It
- Generating Ideas to Spark Your Creativity
- Creating a Brand Strategy
UNIT 2: Business Launch Steps
- Naming Your Business
- Writing a Slogan
- Developing a Design Strategy
- Learning the Basics of Photography
- Learning the Basics of Illustration
- Learning the Basics of Scanning
- Selecting a Graphic
- Choosing Your Fonts
- Putting It All Together
- Producing It!
UNIT 3: Getting the Word Out There
- Marketing Your Business through Video
- Marketing Your Business through Podcasts
- Marketing Your Business through Multimedia
- Marketing Your Business through a Website
- Marketing Your Business through Social Media
- Marketing Your Business through Blogging
- Building an Entrepreneurial Legacy Over a Lifetime
This course counts as a computer/technology credit and students who complete all 24 lessons can earn one academic credit.
Related Classes You May Enjoy