How to Use This Course
The weekly units of ESL Vocabulary are collections of tips and resources that are provided to help parents who are teaching ESL in their homes. Online games, printable worksheets, and more are included.
Welcome to Ms. Crisostomo’s Beginner English Course for ESL Learners! Ultimately this course is designed to assist English language learners to achieve basic proficiency for an English language class. Each level addresses different activities to continue the English learning process. This course is going to begin at level 2, for grades 1-5. Parents can choose activities that are best for their student’s age. Use the words from the spelling and sight word lists as often as you can in conversation, writing, and different activities to allow your student to become very familiar with these words. Continue to build the list of English words, definitions or meanings, and home language words that mean the same (use a binder or notebook to build a mini dictionary). Remember parents, your student’s success using these words regularly depends on you and how much you require them to do. Working together, you can do it!
Weekly printable and online resources that can help parents teaching ESL vocabulary in their home.
- Week One: Common English Words
- Week One: Foursquare Vocabulary Activity
- Week One: We Love Dictionaries!
- Week Two: English Greetings
- Week Two: School-Worthy Vocabulary
- Week Three: Greeting Practice
- Week Four: Family Words, Conversation Questions
- Week Five: Review
- Week Six: Pets, Sentence Practice
- Week Seven: Shapes and Adjectives, Sentence Practice
- Week Eight: Actions