How to Use This Course
This course is designed as an introduction to grammar for students who are second language learners. Each week will include a new lesson and an answer key. Lessons are broken down into the background of the principle being studied, guided practice, independent practice, and extension exercises.
This course is designed as an introduction to grammar for students who are second language learners. Though primarily intended for students in the third or fourth grade, ESL (English as a Second Language) students of varying ages may benefit from this course depending on their level of comfort with grammar. Through this course, students will be introduced to basics of grammar: parts of speech, proper sentence formation, possessives, and verb tense. This ESL Language Arts course could serve as a great resource for any student who needs a refresher on basic grammar rules.
Weekly printable lessons with answer keys
- Nouns—Common and Proper
- Capitalization Rules
- Sentence Formation: Subject/Predicate; Diagram
- Singular/Plural Nouns (s, es)
- Singular Plural Nouns Part II (y to i; f to v; irregular)
- Verb Tense Part I—present, past
- Verb Tense Part II—future, agreement
- Comparative/Superlative Adjectives
- Using Adjectives Correctly
- Using Adverbs Correctly
- Using Pronouns Correctly