How to Use This Course
Elections and the US Presidency gives students a chance to learn how and why the US electoral process works and what the job of the President of the United States is through fun online projects and tools.
This online unit study helps students learn all about American elections, from looking at the reasons we have elections to how we decide who to vote for. It also gives students the opportunity to create a virtual newspaper. A second unit study takes a brief look at the role of the US president and the requirements of office; it also challenges students to create an infographic with what they have learned.
Part One: All About Elections
- Why Do We Have Elections?
- Why Do We Vote?
- Where Did US Politics Come From?
- How Do We Vote?
- What Is the Electoral College?
- Who Can Vote?
- What Do We Vote For?
- What Is a Campaign?
- How Do I Decide My Vote?
Part Two: United States Presidency
- Discover how the role of president originated
- Study the requirements and duties of the US president
- Explore the White House
- Create an infographic with the information learned
Related Classes You May Enjoy