How to Use This Course
Being a good citizen is more than just living in a particular place. It means taking responsibility, learning to lead, understanding how your community works, and finding ways to serve in your community. Growing in Citizenship in Second Grade helps parents and students explore these ideas together and lay the foundation for a life of good citizenship and service.
In this course, students learn about what makes up a community; what being a citizen means; what rights, privileges, and responsibilities come with being a good citizen; and how they can learn to be a good citizen and find ways to serve and help their communities.
- Lesson One: Communities
- Lesson Two: What is a Citizen?
- Lesson Three: Rights, Privileges, and Responsibilities
- Lesson Four: Character and Citizenship
- Lesson Five: A Citizen is a Leader
- Lesson Six: A Citizen is a Patriot
- Lesson Seven: Practicing Citizenship
Related Classes You May Enjoy