How to Use This Course
Parents can find a wealth of helpful information from special needs education consultant Judi Munday.
Special Needs Educational Consultant, Judi Munday, offers an ongoing series of articles and resources to help those with children with special needs, be it language delays or deficits, dyslexia, or difficulty with math. She provides practical solutions and helpful tips for choosing curriculum and modifying and adapting instruction. An explanation of the skills of learning—acquiring, organizing, storing, and retrieving information—and where possible breakdowns may occur along the path is helpful for those who are seeking to understand the best course of action to facilitate their child’s success. A discussion of assistive technologies for struggling readers and writers and those students who struggle with math may encourage parents and reduce the anxiety and stress a student with difficulties often feels. Parents of children with dyslexia will appreciate the lengthy discussion and advice Judi gives. Judi is also the author of Teaching a Child with Special Needs at Home and at School, a 296-page book full of easy-to-use instructional strategies and advice about “what works” – for both parents who homeschool and for teachers who work with students with special needs. You can learn more about the book at www.teachingachildwithspecialneeds.com/.
- Lesson 1: When Your Child Continues to Struggle
- Lesson 2: The Student Education Plan as a Guide
- Lesson 3: Writing Short-Term Goals for Your Student’s Education Plan
- Lesson 4: Choosing Curriculum Materials
- Lesson 5: Modifying and Adapting Instruction, Part One
- Lesson 6: Modifying and Adapting Instruction, Part Two
- Lesson 7: Modifications for Your Special Needs Learner
- Lesson 8: Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Lesson 9: Children with Language-Based Learning Disabilities: Acquiring Information
- Lesson 10: Children with Language-Based Learning Disabilities: Organizing Information
- Lesson 11: Children with Language-Based Learning Disabilities: Retrieving Information, Part One
- Lesson 12: Children with Language-Based Learning Disabilities: Retrieving Information, Part Two
- Lesson 13: Assistive Technology: Struggling Readers
- Lesson 14: Assistive Technology: Struggling with Math
- Lesson 15: Assistive Technology: Struggling Writers, Part One
- Lesson 16: Assistive Technology: Struggling Writers, Part Two
- Lesson 17: Teaching Reading to Students with Dyslexia, Part One
- Lesson 18: Teaching Reading to Students with Dyslexia, Part Two
- Lesson 19: Teaching Reading to Students with Dyslexia, Part Three
- Lesson 20: Testing and the Homeschooled Student with Special Needs
Would you like to tell others about this class? You can use our affiliate banner on your website, blog or even social network to tell your friends, family and contacts about this wonderful class. If you’re an affiliate with SchoolhouseTeachers.com you can earn a commission every month for new members you send.
You can find out more about our affiliate program by clicking here.