Length: 6 hours of video and 175+ study questions
Includes: Videos and study questions
How to Use This Course
Anger. Loneliness. Exhaustion. Everyone faces these emotions and more. This series of videos offers hope, encouragement, and practical advice for facing and dealing with these emotions.
Through more than 60 videos and almost 200 study questions, this course looks at the following topics. Videos can be watched in any order; please feel free to pick and choose those that address topics you are most interested in.
If: If is a powerful little word. Some people are stuck in “if only,” trudging through lives marked with regret. But God wants us to live lives marked with possibilities, with the “what if” attitude that looks forward to the future with confidence. Why? Because the answer to “If God is for us, who can be against us?” is “No one.” God is always on our side. Every day, in every way. Overcome feelings of guilt, fear, and doubt because in Christ there is no condemnation.
Prodigal Perspectives: Can I tell you how I really feel? Guilt, shame, entitlement, bitterness, grief-stricken … our relationships with others surface a variety of feelings. In these three Bible study sessions, viewers will experience the Prodigal Son story of the Bible through the eyes of the younger son, the elder son and the father as performed in separate, dramatic films by professional actor/writer, Jason Hildebrand. After each short film, Chris Seay will walk us through the scripture helping us to understand how jealousy, selfishness and forgiveness affect our own lives and relationships.
- Avoid the Flames—Burnout: Ever feel like you’re running on fumes? Burnout can impact anyone at any time, but many people don’t know how to move past the extreme weariness toward health.
- Jesus Got Sad, It’s Okay if You Do, Too: Is it okay for Christians to feel sad, angry, or anxious? Sometimes we assume that the Christian life has to be full of happiness and contentment, but what if Jesus had something different in mind? This series explores the validity of negative emotions in light of Jesus’ life and ministry.
- Do They Like Me? Everyone wants to be liked—and that’s not a bad thing. But when we crave approval to the point of changing our actions, words, and thoughts, it presents a problem. This series unpacks the problem of approval and how we can take practical steps toward a healthy balance between wanting approval and loving others.
- Forsake Your Fears to Glorify God: What does it look like when a woman forsakes her fears and comfort to glorify God? Jennie Allen, author of two books and Bible studies, talks about her journey in discovering how to live with reckless abandonment and shares her passion to gather, equip, and unleash women to find their voice and their purpose to glorify God.
- From the Garden to the Savior: We are no strangers to struggle. All of humanity has faced trails throughout this life. While difficulty is common to all, so is the universal hope that transcends our present struggles that Jesus has offered through His death and resurrection.
- Get the Spinach Out of Your Teeth: Have you ever gone all day long, met with many people, only to find out later that no one told you about the food stuck in your teeth? How embarrassing! This video uses a similar scenario to speak about the importance of giving others in our life the opportunity to tell us hard truths that we need to hear.
- Don’t Be Overcome by Fear: Have you ever been in a situation where you knew the right thing to do, but you became paralyzed by fear and didn’t do it? This video shows us how to take initiative and overcome that fear.
- God Delivers: In times of sadness and despair, it can be hard to depend on God and trust in His faithfulness. This video explores Psalm 40 and how it can help those who are hurting.
- How to Overcome Worry: Most women struggle with worrying too much. What can we do to be less worrisome, anxious, and fearful?
- When God Feels Distant: Maintaining a vibrant relationship with God can be difficult. Sometimes God feels distant and uninvolved. This video shares Biblical insights that will help you rekindle your relationship with God.
- When You Feel Alone: Despite the fact we live in a world full of people, life can feel lonely, especially during times of struggles. This video talks about the implications of what it means to be united with Christ and encourages believers to embrace the truth that, with Christ, we will never be forsaken.
- How to Overcome Your Fears: Fear consumes us from the time we are kids all the way through adulthood. Fear can be a warning sign, or it can be a brick wall blocking us from moving forward. This video shares how to move from fear to courage.
- Contentment Does Not Come Naturally: Our social media culture tells us to live a perfect life full of fancy vacations, well-behaved kids, and consistent workouts. Discontentment settles in when we fall short of this impossible standard. But what is contentment, and how can we find it?
- Contentment in a Covetous World: We scroll through social media and can often end up feeling discontent or cheated. Why is her life so much better? Why has God not given me that? This video shares how to cultivate contentment in a covetous world.
- God Is Able: The difficulties of our lives sometimes lead us to anxiety, fear, and hopelessness. What should believers expect when things go wrong?
- Good News for Weary Women: It’s not difficult for women today to feel the pressures of life and the weight of the world, leaving them exhausted, tired, and weary. This video shares the comfort, hope, and encouragement the Gospel has to offer in response to the problems women face today.
- Grace for Difficult Seasons: Difficult seasons and circumstances come into everyone’s life. Often they leave us questioning God. Is He really real? Is He really good? In this video, wife, mom, and writer Sarah Markley speaks about power of trusting in the goodness of God and how an awakening to His marvelous grace can equip and empower women.
- Reconcile Fully to the Gospel: When people hurt us, our natural tendency is to respond in two ways: remember and retaliate. Yet, God’s Word tells us to respond with grace. This video talks about Biblical reconciliation and why it’s critical for believers to reconcile fully to the Gospel so that their lives and relationships can offer hope to the rest of the world.
- Reject the Comparison Trap: So many women are bombarded and even paralyzed by relentless pressure to perform. It is so easy to look at what everyone else does and what we think they expect and live a frustrated life of attempting to measure up. This video looks at the temptation of comparison.
- You Can’t Be Everything: Facebook®, Pinterest®, and Instagram® provide a great outlet for finding and sharing fun ideas, but they also provide a platform for competition. This video exposes the lie that women need to live up to an online illusion of perfection.
- Your Dreams, God’s Design: God knit you together in your mother’s womb. Every single one of your gifts, talents, and personality traits was given to you for His glory and His purposes. So, what does all of that mean for you? This video shares how God uses our passions for His purposes.
- The Path to Discovering a Grateful Heart: The Bible teaches us that a grateful heart can free us from bondage. This video leads us on a journey from greed and materialism to gratitude and generosity.
- God Uses Broken People: After a serious moral or spiritual failure, it’s often hard to accept God’s forgiveness. In this powerful video, we are reminded of God’s grace and forgiveness, and that He still uses imperfect people to carry out His perfect plan.
- God’s Purpose in Pain: Why do people have to suffer? If God is all loving and all powerful, why doesn’t He keep bad things from happening to good people? This thought-provoking video tackles this difficult issue of human suffering and pain.
- God Feels Your Pain: During difficult times, it’s easy to think no one understands what you are going through. This video reminds us of God’s presence and purpose in the midst of our hurt.
- When Someone You Love Dies: When someone we love dies, we often ask God, “Why?” This video challenges us to view death from God’s point of view—which may radically change your understanding of death.
- God Delights in You: Have you ever wondered how God feels about you? This video discusses the fact that God delights in you.
- Weakness Is the Way: In a world that values strength and power above all else, this video gently reminds us that, one way or another, God will disabuse us all of the idea that we are strong. How prepared are you to reckon with the reality of your own weakness?
- Finding Freedom from Your Pain: It has been said that this world breaks everyone. We all have pain, and we’ve all been hurt by others. The Lord has not, however, abandoned us in our hurt.
- Embracing God’s Second Chance: This video encourages us to leave despair in an exchange for grace.
- The Power of Forgiveness: When we’ve been wronged, the last thing we want to do is forgive our offender. But what if Jesus refused to forgive us? What does true forgiveness look like? This video explores how to grow in forgiveness.
- How to Respond During Hardships: Being part of the family of God can be a great blessing. It can also get really messy, especially during hardships. How should believers respond during these difficult times?
- Squash Envy: Tell a Better Story: Envy is quite a bit like the Incredible Hulk. It’s green, it gets angry, and it makes everything we own look like rubble. This video challenges us to look deeper at the true effects of envy in our lives. Is it really that bad?
- Dealing with Relational Conflict: Conflict in relationships, at work or at home, is inevitable. Our response to that conflict is crucial. This video offers practical suggestions on how to respond to conflict in a godly manner.
- Conquer Your Energy Drainers: We all have a finite amount of energy, and every little responsibility and event makes some drain on our energy store. This video explains how we can identify those energy drainers and address them in a healthy and productive way.
- Mind and Emotions: This video shows us how to take hold of our mind and emotions by focusing on the good things of God.
- Watch Your Tongue: This video warns us to use caution with our words, especially when we are angry.
- Avoid the Flames—Burnout
- Jesus Got Sad, It’s Okay if You Do, Too
- Do They Like Me?
- Forsake Your Fears to Glorify God
- From the Garden to the Savior
- Get the Spinach Out of Your Teeth
- Don’t Be Overcome by Fear
- God Delivers
- How to Overcome Worry
- When God Feels Distant
- When You Feel Alone
- How to Overcome Your Fears
- Contentment Does Not Come Naturally
- Contentment in a Covetous World
- God Is Able
- Good News for Weary Women
- Grace for Difficult Seasons
- Reconcile Fully to the Gospel
- Reject the Comparison Trap
- You Can’t Be Everything
- Your Dreams, God’s Design
- The Path to Discovering a Grateful Heart
- God Uses Broken People
- God’s Purpose in Pain
- God Feels Your Pain
- When Someone You Love Dies
- God Delights in You
- Weakness Is the Way
- Finding Freedom from Your Pain
- Embracing God’s Second Chance
- The Power of Forgiveness
- How to Respond During Hardships
- Squash Envy: Tell a Better Story
- Dealing with Relational Conflict
- Conquer Your Energy Drainers
- Mind and Emotions
- Watch Your Tongue