How to Use This Course
The Apologetics: Creation vs. Evolution class looks at more than 150 different reference materials examining the claims of evolution and Creationism. Each weekly lesson includes a video (approximately 30-40 minutes long) with study worksheets to complete. At the end of the course, there is also a test. Answer keys for the worksheets and the test are provided for parents. This course is designed for students 12 and older, and families are encouraged to take the class together and discuss what is being learned.
Darwin wrote his book on evolution over 150 years ago. The Creation/evolution debate is still very much alive with very different positions: God’s image or pond scum? Thousands of years or billions of years? Global Flood or local flood?
To better understand this debate, the First Heartbeat class provides a study that supports Creation and challenges evolution based on hundreds of references from books, DVDs, magazines, newspapers, and websites. Over 100 Bible verses are studied. The course also includes information from biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, astronomy, geology, history, paleontology, and oceanography.
Is this debate important? Consider the Bible verse found in Romans 1:20: “For since the creation of the world, His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse” (NASB). We can understand God’s attributes, power, and nature from what has been made. There is no excuse to not recognize God’s creation.
Regardless of your position on Creation and evolution, we encourage families to view this class, weigh the evidence, and decide for themselves.
- Lesson One: Introduction
- Lesson Two: Challenging Evolution’s Primary Authors
- Lesson Three: Challenging Evolution’s Primary Teachings
- Lesson Four: The Origin of Order
- Lesson Five: The First Heartbeat and Evolution’s Defense Strategy
- Lesson Six: Challenging the Big Bang and Supporting the Bible
- Lesson Seven: Supporting the Existence of God
- Lesson Eight: Supporting Creation
- Lesson Nine: Old Ages vs. Young Ages (with evidence in space)
- Lesson Ten: Young Ages (with evidence on Earth)
- Lesson Eleven: Noah’s Ark and a Biblical Flood Model
- Lesson Twelve: Evidence for a Biblical Flood
- Lesson Thirteen: Evolution and Atheism
- Lesson Fourteen: Creation and God’s Plan