How to Use This Course
How is Jesus unique? Has our society’s consumer culture influenced how we think of Jesus? How should Christians respond to a culture that not only rejects but attacks traditional Biblical values? This course helps high school students explore these issues and form Biblical responses.
The following six videos are part of this course:
- Why Jesus? Culture is blurring the lines between different faiths. It is increasingly difficult for people to grasp how their faith in Jesus Christ is unique. In these four powerful video Bible study sessions, David Nasser addresses the tough questions that people have about Jesus and points them back to the Scriptural truths about our Savior.
- Thriving in Babylon: These are confusing times for many Christians. Traditional Biblical values are not only rejected, but it seems as if they’re attacked on every front. It’s all happened at warp speed, leaving many of us spiritually and culturally disoriented or even fearful, frustrated, and angry. How can we spiritually survive in an increasingly spiritually hostile environment? And is there any hope for the next generation? In this five-session series, Larry Osborne introduces us to a man forced to live in a fast-changing and godless society. This man faced fears about the future, concern for his safety, and the discouragement of a world that seemed to be falling apart at warp speed. That man was Daniel, and with the power of hope, humility, and wisdom, he not only survived, but thrived.
- Free Market Jesus: The average American encounters more than 3,000 advertisements each day. The formula for most ads is: 1. You are not happy 2. You will be happy if you purchase this product. How has this overwhelming commercial message shaped our view of spirituality, the church, and Jesus? In this video Bible study, Donald Miller illustrates how culture always serves as a lens for our understanding of Christianity. He then addresses how Scripture defines spirituality and why Scripture is still relevant in our modern culture.
- Search for the Real Jesus: This video explores questions skeptics often ask about Jesus. His friends said He walked on water. His critics said He was an imposter. Is there historical evidence to prove His claim to be God’s Son or was he just a man or a fictitious character made up by a group of religious fanatics? Combining the insights of Biblical authorities with visits to places Jesus lived and walked, we’ll give you some convincing arguments that will strengthen your faith and help you respond to the skeptics and seekers you encounter.
- If God is Good, Why Do Bad Things Happen? When it comes to questions of suffering and evil, no one has all the answers. However, author and speaker Os Guinness presents a compelling case that leads to faith and courage. With an engaging style, he introduces three perspectives on evil, examines the difference between suffering and evil, and shares steps to help you think through the problem of evil. Discover how you can cope with life and find reason to trust in God when bad things happen.
- The Search for Meaning: Science and God: Some modern-day theories seem to pit science against God, but why? Do you have to choose, or can you intellectually believe in both? In Science and God, author and social critic Os Guinness engages Oxford University Professor of Mathematics John Lennox in a conversation that explores this tension, with calculations that subtract neither God nor science. Lennox looks at both historical and contemporary explanations of the universe, and he uses debate-tested conclusions and simple illustrations to clarify the real issues of this controversy.
Videos and worksheets.
- Why Jesus?
- Thriving in Babylon
- Free Market Jesus
- Search for the Real Jesus
- If God is Good, Why Do Bad Things Happen?
- The Search for Meaning: Science and God
Would you like to tell others about this class? You can use our affiliate banner on your website, blog or even social network to tell your friends, family and contacts about this wonderful class. If you’re an affiliate with SchoolhouseTeachers.com you can earn a commission every month for new members you send.
You can find out more about our affiliate program by clicking here.