How to Use This Course
This self-paced apologetics class is designed to help middle school and high school students understand how to defend their faith and the scientific case that is in harmony with God’s Word. Each unit can stand alone and can be taken in any order.
What is the historical, Biblical, and scientific case for the young earth? Could life arise by itself?
To answer these questions, this course incorporates humor, interesting videos, and hands-on activities. It was filmed inside a live classroom, so students will feel like they’re actually there with the other students. It is designed for 12- to 18-year-olds, though many parents have enjoyed it as well. It is a perfect tool for families who want to know how to defend their faith and understand the scientific case that’s in harmony with God’s Word. Each unit can stand alone and can be taken in any order.
This course includes several optional hands-on activities, links for more reading, homework assignments, and quizzes to grade the student.
The class is taught by Pat Roy and has been reviewed by Dr. Russell Humphreys, PhD in Physics and expert on the age of the Earth, and Dr. Georgia Purdom, PhD in Molecular Genetics and the molecular geneticist for Answers in Genesis.
If you’d like to take more classes like this one, be sure to explore http://learn.creationquest.net/courses. Module 1: Origins also includes a class on the Second Law of Thermodynamics and the Origin of the Universe, and more modules are on their way!
Videos with occasional printable worksheets
Age of the Earth:
- Welcome and Preparation
- Ice Melting Activity
- Historical Case for the Age of the Earth
- The Biblical Case for the Age of the Earth
- Scientific Case for the Young Earth: Part 1
- Completion of Ice Melting Activity
- Scientific Case for the Young Earth: Part 2
- Why Does It Matter?
- Age of the Earth Review Quiz
Origin of Life:
- Introduction and Preparation
- Historical Perspective on the Origin of Life
- Candy Cell Model Activity
- Complexity of the Cell
- Trying to Discover the Origin of Life, Part 1
- Trying to Discover the Origin of Life, Part 2
- Skittle Activity
- Impossible Odds for the Origin of Life, Part 1
- Impossible Odds for the Origin for Life, Part 2
- Biblical Case for the Origin of Life
- Origin of Life Review Quiz
- Origin of Life Homework
Would you like to tell others about this class? You can use our affiliate banner on your website, blog or even social network to tell your friends, family and contacts about this wonderful class. If you’re an affiliate with SchoolhouseTeachers.com you can earn a commission every month for new members you send.
You can find out more about our affiliate program by clicking here.