Length: 18 lessons, 36 weeks
Includes: Printable weekly lessons with activity suggestions
How to Use This Course
Exploring God’s World with First Grade Science is a 36-week introduction to science for first grade. It includes text, experiments, activities, extension activities, and links to further resources.
Exploring God’s World with First Grade Science is a fun introduction to science for your first graders. Through fun activities, text, and experiments, students are introduced to the observation of familiar things, common plants and animals, the beginning classification of living things, farm animals and care of pets, the sun as a source of energy, weather and seasons, light, the science of color, the five senses, and more.
- Weeks One-Two: Observation of Familiar Things
- Weeks Three-Four: Common Plants
- Weeks Five-Six: Common Animals
- Weeks Seven-Eight: How Do Plants and Animals Relate?
- Weeks Nine-Ten: Beginning Classification of Living Things
- Weeks Eleven-Twelve: Farm Animals
- Weeks Thirteen-Fourteen: Care of Pets
- Weeks Fifteen-Sixteen: Compare and Contrast Different Plants
- Weeks Seventeen-Eighteen: Indoor Plants vs. Outdoor Plants
- Weeks Nineteen-Twenty: The Sun as a Source of Energy
- Weeks Twenty-One-Twenty-Two: Weather
- Weeks Twenty-Three-Twenty-Four: Seasons
- Weeks Twenty-Five-Twenty-Six: Temperature
- Weeks Twenty-Seven-Twenty-Eight: Light
- Weeks Twenty-Nine-Thirty: Science of Color
- Weeks Thirty-One-Thirty-Two: The Five Senses
- Weeks Thirty-Three-Thirty-Four: Beginning Experiments