How to Use This Course
Thorough knowledge of a subject area begins with a solid foundation. Veteran educator and large-animal veterinarian, Dr. Joey Hajda, builds this foundation with you in a gentle, friendly manner. Bone by bone, structure by structure, learn the anatomy of the bovine skeletal system. This is the perfect resource for the aspiring veterinarian or animal health technician.
Broken into thirteen lessons, discussion begins with planes of dissection and directional terms followed by general bone groupings, parts, and tissues. Exploration continues with bones of the rear limb followed by bones of the forelimb. The vertebral column and pelvis are presented next followed by a thorough examination of the skull and mandible. Beautiful, close-up photography and videography makes learning a joy.
- Lesson One: Planes of Dissection and Directional Terms
- Lesson Two: Bone Structure and Types of Bone Joints
- Lesson Three: The Femur and Patella
- Lesson Four: The Tibia and Fibula
- Lesson Five: The Tarsals, Metatarsals, and Phalanges
- Lesson Six: The Scapula
- Lesson Seven: The Humerus, Radius, and Ulna
- Lesson Eight: The Carpals, Metacarpals, and Phalanges
- Lesson Nine: The Cervical Vertebra
- Lesson Ten: The Thoracic Vertebra and Ribs
- Lesson Eleven: The Lumbar, Sacral, and Caudal Vertebra
- Lesson Twelve: The Pelvis
- Lesson Thirteen: The Skull and Mandible
Friendly Anatomy can supplement any homeschool biology course.