How to Use This Course
Navigating the World of Research introduces elementary students to several of the most common types of research tools available, explains how and when to use each one as well as how to cite them, and explains how to judge reliability and spot bias in the resources they use.
Students can learn how to use the dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia, atlas, newspapers, yearbooks, periodicals, timelines, concordances, search engines, and more with this course filled with practical examples and hands-on practice.
- Week One: Dictionary and Thesaurus
- Week Two: Encyclopedia
- Week Three: Atlas
- Week Four: Newspapers, Periodicals, Yearbooks, and Timelines
- Week Five: Trivia Quizzes
- Week Six: Bible Concordance, Fiction/Nonfiction Books, Parts of a Book, and the Dewey Decimal System
- Week Seven: Sources
- Week Eight: Recognizing Reliability and Bias, Internet Sources, and Search Engines
- Week Nine: Citing Sources
Related Classes You May Enjoy