How to Use This Course
Help your students capture the story in their heads and put it down on paper with Crafting Fiction. Through twenty-one bite-size assignments, this class takes the fear out of writing a fictional story and guides students through the process of writing, one step at a time.
From choosing your characters to planning their dilemmas and setting them in scenes, writing a fictional story is not nearly as intimidating as it sounds! Through text-based lessons and short assignments, discover the steps to writing a good fictional story and make progress on that idea that has been swirling around in your head for far too long.
- Week One: Characters, Round vs. Flat, and Brainstorming
- Week Two: Conflict, Types of Conflict, and Brainstorming Your Outline
- Week Three: Setting—Place and Time
- Week Four: Scenes, Dialogue, and Punctuation with Dialogue
- Week Five: Balancing Scenes, Key Details and Wordiness, and Point of View
- Week Six: The Beginning, Finishing Strong, and Using Transitions
- Week Seven: Revising Plot, Revising Scenes, and Editing for Grammar and Punctuation
Related Classes You May Enjoy