How to Use This Course
This digital art course introduces students to the world of possibilities for putting their artistic and creative skills to work online in any number of fields. The course covers rules governing images, where to find them, how to edit and manipulate images, fonts and word art, logos and banner ads, product design, and more.
Please note: Students need access to Photoshop CS4, CS5, CS6, or CC (which requires a membership) for this course. CC has the most updated tools. The teacher is currently using CS5. Lightroom is not required. Please contact us with any questions.
Have you ever thought about being a professional digital artist? Or creating products like T-shirts, brochures, books and magazine covers, advertisements, logo designs, and business cards or even abstract art that you can sell online or in the retail stores downtown? Yes? Then this class is just for you! With over 10 years of creative digital art experience and inquisitive fervor, Crystal Calhoun teaches you how to stand out from the rest and to bask in the unique awesomeness God has given each and every one of you! Her words can be a bit lofty, and her confidence soars to the skies, but that’s okay, you’ll get a good dose of healthy confidence yourself as you dive into Crystal’s classes and take on the new challenges presented with each class she brings. Jump in, ask questions, and share the progress you’ve made. It’s going to be a lot of fun!
Part 1 – Digital Art and Product Designs for Small Business
Unit 1: Higher Standards
- Lesson 1: Introduction: Be You. Be Unique!
- Lesson 2: Researching Perspectives Gets Results
- Lesson 3: Graphic Designer Wages
- Lesson 4: Image Theft and How
- Lesson 5: Party Time with Public Domain
- Lesson 6: Giving Proper Credit
- Lesson 7: Stock: Good, Bad, and the Filthy
- Lesson 8: Awesome Tools for Amazing Results
Unit 2: Focusing on Photoshop
- Lesson 9: Stay Focused and Do What You Love
- Lesson 10: Categories, Types, and Targets
- Lesson 11: Blending In – Put Yourself Anywhere
- Lesson 12: Changing Skin Tones
- Lesson 13: Looking Younger
- Lesson 14: Dreamy Backgrounds
- Lesson 15: Fun Shapes that Save Time
- Lesson 16: Changing Eye Colors
- Lesson 17: Typography
- Lesson 18: Save Time and Look Great
- Lesson 19: Lightning Bolts
- Lesson 20: Colors that Persuade
Unit 3: Creating and Selling Real Products!
- Lesson 21: Business Planning and Setting Goals
- Lesson 22: Logo Design and Logo Branding
- Lesson 23: Dive in and Sell Stock
- Lesson 24: Who Can Make Your Product
Unit 4: Challenges
- Challenge 1: Bokeh Background Stock
- Challenge 2: Inspirational Poster
- Challenge 3: Graphic Design Banner Ad
- Challenge 4: Inspirational Poster
- Challenge 5: Photo Manipulation Art Project
- Challenge 6: Digital Art Flowers
- Challenge 7: Flamingo Clipart: The Invitation
- Challenge 8: Whimsical Tree and Flowers Made From Shapes
- Challenge 9: Thanksgiving Day Turkey Greeting Card
- Challenge 10: Photo Manipulation Project: Time
- Challenge 11: Photo Manipulation Project: Peacock Princess
- Challenge 12: Basic Artists eBay Store Design
If this course is taken in full, completing all reading and writing assignments, and the student spends approximately 180 hours completing this course, it can count for one high school credit.