Building Faithful Kids
Length: 13 hours of video and 500 study questions
Includes: Videos and study questions
How to Use This Course
How can you effectively share your faith with your children, be the mom or dad God has called you to be, and navigate the many challenges of parenthood? This five-part series shares insight on a wide range of topics for helping children and teenagers live the lives God has called them to. There are also videos for topics including being a single parent, parenting a blended family, and adoption.
Through more than 200 videos and 500 study questions, this course looks at the following topics. Videos can be watched in any order; please feel free to pick and choose those that address topics you are most interested in.
Part One: General Topics
- How to Make God Known to Your Kids: Parents have the power and responsibility to lay the foundation of faith in the lives of their kids at an early age. What does that look like day in and day out? This video encourages intentionality and offers simple spiritual routines to help families experience meaningful connections every day.
- Dad: The Right Man for the Job: God created the family to be the primary place where faith and character are formed. Your children learn from watching you. But do you sometimes feel inadequate in your role as a father? This series shares principles and practical insights to help you be the dad God called you to be.
- A Grace-Filled Home: No matter what age and stage you and your child are in, no matter what your family dynamic is, the principles of grace can set your family free and unlock everyone’s true potential.
- Faithful Family: Parents want their kids to grow into mature Christ followers, but there’s not a set program that guarantees that result. It becomes more natural for children to embrace faith when Godly living is the parents’ priority. This insightful, practical video series shares with moms and dads how they can become the parents their children want—and need.
- A Mother’s Identity Crisis: Caryn Rivadeira was an author and a speaker before she became a mother. In this transparent training post, she talks about the difficult season she had of missing her professional life when her parenting role took over and how she learned to trust God to still use her other talents while she focused on raising her children.
- Be a Different Kind of Mom: Sometimes it’s hard to get up and face the day knowing all the hard work that lies ahead. This video gives encouragement to mothers on how to be a different kind of mom in this season of life that includes the enormous responsibility of caring for their children.
- Create a Family Culture of Gratitude: In a me-first culture that consistently tells us to feel dissatisfied and entitled to more, it can be hard to be thankful for what we already have. The Lord, however, asks us to be thankful in everything, but we can’t do this naturally. This video explores the spiritual discipline of thankfulness as part of your family’s core.
- Disciple Your Kids Through Life’s Milestones: Each phase of a child’s life presents unique opportunities and often unique challenges for parents. This video explores how you can celebrate and disciple children through each major milestone from birth, to new birth, to lifelong faith in Christ.
- Family Faith Talks: Too many kids grow up thinking Christianity is a compartment. Faith is something you experience at church, then you go home and go on with your life. This video describes family faith talks and how they serve to integrate faith at home, eroding conceptions of compartmentalized Christianity.
- Give Kids a Faith That Sticks: Have you heard those startling statistics about the number of kids who no longer practice their faith after high school? There is a significant number of people who grew up in church but no longer adhere to the Christian faith. This video shares several practical ways to increase the likelihood that the kids in your church will have a faith that lasts.
- Give Your Family a Purpose and a Plan: Being a parent is hard work! With all the obligations of supporting and raising a family, sometimes it is easy to slip into maintenance mode, failing to be purposeful in the direction your family is heading. This video shares how identifying goals and making a plan to achieve those goals can transformed your life.
- Gospel in the Home: Is the Gospel reserved for the church building? Where else does Jesus show up? This video talks about how the Gospel moves into the home and affects every aspect of family life.
- Intentional Discipleship with Your Kids: Between obligations at work and tasks or chores at home, it is often easy to overlook discipling our own children. This video shares a few ways you can try to actively disciple your children in the midst of a busy schedule.
- Let Grace Be the Rule in Your Home: The importance of setting rules and guidelines for your children seems like a no-brainer. A home without rules is chaotic. But what do we teach our kids in a home with all rules and no grace?
- Praying for Your Kids: Praying for your kids is powerful. God can work in the hearts of your children more than you could ever imagine. And your prayers for them will change your life too.
- The Exceptional Work of Mothers: Women sometimes let the despondency that invades mothering eclipse them to believe everyone else has it all together and can do this job better.
- Trust God with Your Kids: As a Christian parent, perhaps one of the greatest fears you face is whether or not your child will embrace a faith in Christ of their own. This video points to the encouragement parents can find when they entrust their children to God.
- Invest in Your Marriage: This video shares encouragement and advice with church planters, pastors, and pastors’ wives about the importance of keeping marriage and family a top priority.
- Help Your Kids Own Their Faith: When does your child take ownership of his faith? When she walks the aisle, or says the prayer, or gets baptized? This video shares the marks of an owned faith, helping parents understand their role in pointing their kids toward a genuine relationship with God.
- It’s Not Taught, It’s Caught: When it comes to matters of the faith, it is easy to get fixated on lessons we feel we need to impart to our children. However, the reality is that many of those lessons are learned much better when they are modeled.
- Model a Love for God’s Word: It doesn’t take too long for a parent to figure out how much a “do as I say, not as I do” approach falls short as a parenting strategy. Rather, children respond best when word and deed align. This video emphasizes the importance of a parent’s love for God’s Word in cultivating a child’s appreciation for Scripture.
- Practical Steps to Disciple Your Children: For parents new to family discipleship, the task of nurturing a child’s faith at home can be overwhelming. Many times, there is a gap between the desire to do family discipleship and the knowledge of how to do it. This video shares three practical ways to disciple children at home.
- Raise Kids Who Love God: It’s hard to imagine a parent who trusts and loves the Lord doesn’t desire their child to grow to trust and love the Lord also. However, sometimes parents who desire to see their kids put their faith in God just don’t know their role in discipling their children.
- Pass on Your Faith to Your Kids: Parenting can be chaotic and crazy, but also life-changing and influential.
- What God Teaches Through Parenting: God speaks to us through our circumstances, especially as we parent our kids. He wants our children to know Him, but He also desires to see us made holy.
- The Ultimate Home Group: Parenting is hard. Could you be so bogged down in the daily routine that you miss opportunities to build into the faith of your kids? This video discusses distinctives of Christian parenting and how to pass on genuine faith to the next generation.
- Essential Parenting Principles: Raising children is a major challenge, and everyone worries that they’re doing it wrong. This video shares five essential, Biblical principles of parenting that all parents will want to know.
- The Spiritual Formation of Your Children: This video uses a Biblical foundation to establish three different stages of a parent’s spiritual guidance to coincide with a child’s development.
- Stop Freaking Out About Your Kids: We want the very best for our children; and yet, nothing—no amount of love, no series of steps, no time-tested techniques—can guarantee the outcomes we desire for them. That much uncertainty is enough to cause even the most level-headed parent to freak out. So, how do parents deal with the reality that we can’t control much? How do we stop freaking out about our kids?
- A Practical Step Toward Faith at Home: What can parents do to pass their faith on to their children? How can they make it fun? This video shares a practical step to get families excited about learning about their faith together.
- Let Your Kids See Your Faith: Kids pick up on much more than we realize. Our passions, pursuits, and patterns of behavior all impact how our children think and act. This video shares how living out your faith in front of your kids shapes how they view God.
- Create a Faith-Shaping Environment for Your Kids: The atmosphere you create in your home impacts your children in ways that may not always be apparent. This video walks through how the words you speak and actions you show to your children shape who they are and how they view the world.
- Practical Steps for Passing on Your Faith: God created family to be a spiritual formation center, but many parents feel ill-equipped to teach their children in matters of faith. This video shares practical steps that parents can use to make disciples of their own children.
- The Best Advice Ever Given to Parents: Thinking about the incredible responsibility you’ve been called to as a parent is enough to make anyone tremble. You have been called to such an important, and often difficult, task!
- Give Your Kids Tools to Defend Their Faith: It’s a day that nearly every parent looks toward with a mixture of excitement, relief, and even a little fear—the day you send your child out of your house and into the world. But what are you doing to prepare him/her for that day?
- Daily Steps for Family Faith: Spiritual formation in the home does not require large productions, but it does need consistent, authentic faithfulness from Mom and Dad. This video explains how to incorporate Deuteronomy 6 into everyday spiritual formation.
- There’s Always Time to Make an Impact: Do you ever feel as though you’ve missed the boat to make an impact with your faith? Your kids are grown and your grandchildren may be getting older too, but that doesn’t mean God doesn’t want to use you to impact His Kingdom for His glory.
- How to Cultivate Faith Within Your Family: Kids need challenging experiences that will stretch them and reveal their talents. They need these moments to expose their spiritual shape so that parents can guide them to develop compassion, mercy, and spiritual responsibility.
- Helping Preschoolers Memorize Scripture: This video shares how to help preschoolers or children of any age memorize Scripture.
- Don’t Sacrifice Your Family for Work: Regardless of your age or position, everyone is impacted directly by the workplace. Our attitude and practices at work seep into how we treat our family and prioritize our time. This video explores how business leaders can provide good leadership without compromising their family life.
- Develop a Love for the Bible: The Bible can be confusing, lengthy, and intimidating if you don’t know how to read it. Is it possible to learn how to read and love Scripture and share that love with the next generation?
- Create a Culture of Confession: The Gospel means freedom and healing for those who believe. Part of this healing and freedom comes from being honest and open about our own failures, knowing of the grace that covers them! What sort of impact might such honesty have in your home, with your children?
Part Two: Raising Girls to Become Women
- How to Be God’s Woman: The world favors women of beauty, wealth, and style. Views of womanhood are often bound by narrow definitions pertaining to a woman’s position or outward appearance, leaving women feeling disappointed, insecure, or rejected. But what is God’s concept of a woman? What portrait does Scripture paint of womanhood? This video series walks through five facets of Biblical womanhood, giving powerful imperatives on how to be God’s woman.
- How Does Your Daughter Mirror You? Mothers of daughters know the inner intricacies that come with growing up as a girl. How should this influence how we parent our daughters? This video explores the opportunity God has given mothers to use the deep connection they have with their daughters to raise beautiful, Godly girls in today’s culture.
- Raising Teenage Daughters: Raising daughters is a joy and blessing, but it’s not without troubles.
- How to Help Girls with Body Image Issues: This video explains how to help teenage girls who are struggling with their body image.
- How to Help Young Girls Find True Value in God: This video shares practical teaching for helping young girls.
- How Can We Encourage Girls to Be Leaders? This video shares how we can help our young girls become leaders.
- Help Your Students Find Real Beauty: This video discusses the cultural trappings our young people fall into with their appearance and how we can help them overcome these by building their identity in Christ.
Part Three: Raising Boys to Become Men
- How to Be God’s Man: This world esteems men of power, wealth, and success. Masculinity is defined by the strength of a man’s body, mind, and investment portfolio. But what is God’s concept of masculinity? What portrait does the Bible paint of manhood? This video series walks through five facets of Biblical manhood, giving powerful imperatives on how to be God’s man.
- Biblical Manhood: How can parents guide their boys into Biblical manhood? This video helps parents raising boys understand why it’s important for them to give their sons a vision for what God made them for.
- God’s Idea for Manhood: Today, there are many different definitions for what it means to be a man. This video shares how culture has confused manhood and what Christ’s example can do to correct it.
- How to Help Boys Become Men: This video discusses helping young boys become men.
Part Four: Parenting Teenagers
- Model Faith for Your Teen: The church plays an important role in the spiritual formation of teens, but it is a role that is supplemental to that of parents. This video shares the most important thing parents can do to disciple their teens.
- Teaching Children Healthy Sexuality: We want our kids to honor God with their bodies, but our culture constantly pressures them toward unholy, unbiblical sexual expression. This video demonstrates how parents can teach their children God-honoring, Biblical sexuality.
- What’s Missing from Your Sex Talk? Sexual purity is taught in youth groups all over. This strong emphasis on remaining sexually pure is not without good reason. This video examines some common missteps in the purity conversation.
- Parenting a Teen in a Social Media World: This video offers wisdom to parents who want to help their children have a healthy online life.
- Teaching Students to Surrender Stuff: We live in a material world, so it’s quite tempting for students to define themselves by their possessions. This video examines Scripture to show students where true wealth is found and how surrendering earthly possessions to God leads to contentment.
- Teaching Teens About Quiet Time: This video offers practical steps for helping young people get into the Godly habit of quiet time. This helpful strategy addresses the mistaken notion that kids just need to try harder to spend time with the Lord.
- Teaching Students to Surrender Status: Every teen struggles with figuring out who they are and where they fit in. This video shows us how we can teach students where they should look to find acceptance and their identity.
- Teaching Students to Be On Mission: Is being popular unspiritual? This video shows us how we can challenge students to use the gifts and talents God has given them to reach others for Christ.
- Teaching Students to Love Others: Students can be cruel to one another. How are we teaching them to respect and love each other? This video shows us how we can teach students that our goal is to become more like Jesus, which includes loving others.
- Teaching Students to Surrender Sin: We know that just because our students are Christians doesn’t mean they don’t struggle with sin. So how can we encourage them to come clean with God and allow accountability in their lives?
- Teaching Students to Resist Temptation: Teens are often tempted to sin—even when they know it is wrong—just to fit in. This video shows us how we can discuss the Biblical answer to temptation and the importance of sexual purity.
- Teaching Students to Wage War with Sin: Christ calls us all to surrender our sins to Him. But that’s not always easy. This video shows us how we can teach students to use the power of the Holy Spirit to wage war against sin.
- Teaching Students to Surrender Self: The Bible teaches that God wants us to look beyond ourselves and make significant sacrifices for others. It is never too early for our students to know and act on this truth.
- Teaching Students to Surrender Their Lives: Teaching our students to surrender their lives to God doesn’t mean they are destined to go to a third world country or enroll in seminary. We can encourage them to surrender their lives each day!
- Teaching Students to Dig Down Deep: We all build our lives on something. Are we making sure our students build their lives on what will last or what can be washed away in an instant? This video uses Scripture to challenge students to root their faith in the life and words of Jesus.
- Teaching Students to Survive Loss: What happens when a student loses everything they’ve been counting on—popularity, health, or family structure? How do you guide them through these times of trouble? This video uses Scripture to challenge students to survive loss and root their lives in the love and truths of Jesus Christ.
- Teaching Students the Importance of Knowing God: There is only a short window in a student’s life to lay a foundation that will last a lifetime. This video uses Scripture to challenge students that what they know about God will change the way they think and live.
- Teaching Students How God Makes Us Right: How can we teach students to have a right relationship with a holy God? This video uses Scripture to show students that the only way to get rid of sin and guilt is by accepting what Jesus did on the cross.
- Teaching Students About Finding Peace: Will we ever be good enough to earn eternal life? What do our students think? This video uses Scripture to show students how trusting in Jesus and His atoning death is the only way to be saved and live at peace with God.
- Teaching Students How We Change: Obeying God often seems really difficult for students. Doesn’t it for all of us! We want to help them mature, but how are we teaching them to change?
- Teaching Students About the Struggle to Change: Following Jesus isn’t always easy; it can sometimes feel like a battle. This video uses Scripture to show us how we can teach students how to become more like Jesus and pursue obedience.
- Teaching Students to Invest in What Will Last: Sometimes what gets in the way of our students surrendering every part of their lives to God isn’t something really awful; sometimes they feel like they’re just too busy. This video offers ways to help show students how to invest their lives in something that’s actually going to last.
- Helping Teens Find Their Identity in Christ: This video discusses the importance of teens finding their identity in Christ.
- The Blessing and Difficulty of Raising Teens: Does raising teenagers frighten you? It scares most parents. When we look at our sweet children and then at the typical middle schooler, we hope and pray that ours don’t turn out like that. But what can you do? This video explores how parents can work against teenage rebellion before it starts.
- Identity and Social Media: Young adults find themselves at a life stage where they are forming their own sense of identity. What sort of impact does a social media-obsessed culture have on these formative years?
Part Five: Special Topics
- Encouragement for Parents of Children with Special Needs: You experience a whirlwind of emotions when you first discover that your child has special needs. This video shares practical advice on how parents can navigate this difficult season.
- God Finds Beauty in Broken Families: When we are in the midst of trials or broken relationships, we often wonder why God would allow the depth of struggle that plagues us. This video encourages us all to trust God to bring beauty from our imperfections.
- Encouragement for Single Parents: Raising a child can be one of the most challenging tasks, and raising a child as a single parent compounds the issue as many feel isolated and overwhelmed. This video shares how single parents can find encouragement as they focus priorities on their #1 mission.
- Adoption, Birth Families, and Hard Conversations: Entering into adoption blesses parents with an enriching and unique family experience. This video shares valuable lessons from the experiences of other adoptive parents and encouragement for other parents considering expanding their family in this way.
- Your Own Prodigal Child: Few things anguish parents more than a grown child who forsakes the faith they were taught as a child. This video offers compassionate hope for those who have prodigal children.
- Be a Smart Stepfamily: Stepfamilies face nearly all the same struggles that non-stepfamilies face and a whole slew of issues that are unique to blended families. This video shares some common pitfalls of stepfamilies and how to best avoid them.
- Hope for Parents of Prodigals: Perhaps one of the hardest things parents face is seeing their children turn from the faith in which they were raised. This video gives insight on a few things that parents can do as they seek to minister to their children who are not following the Lord.
- How to Transition Well in Adoption: Kids are stressful on any marriage. When they are adopted, that situation presents additional challenges to the unprepared family. This video shares tips for making the transition.
- Surviving Adoption One Moment at a Time: The more you know about adoption, the more confident and prepared you will be to meet the unique needs of your adopted child and your entire family. This video shares the bedlam of adoption and gives helpful insights to help your marriage, family, and heart survive the adventure of adoption.
Leave a Heritage of Faith for Your Grandkids: God has given grandparents a unique opportunity to speak into the lives of their grandchildren, giving them perspective on what has real significance. This video shares two aspects of how you can leave a heritage of faith with your grandkids.
Part One: General Topics
- How to Make God Known to Your Kids
- Dad: The Right Man for the Job
- A Grace-Filled Home
- Faithful Family
- A Mother’s Identity Crisis
- Be a Different Kind of Mom
- Create a Family Culture of Gratitude
- Disciple Your Kids Through Life’s Milestones
- Family Faith Talks
- Give Kids a Faith That Sticks
- Give Your Family a Purpose and a Plan
- Gospel in the Home
- Intentional Discipleship with Your Kids
- Let Grace Be the Rule in Your Home
- Praying for Your Kids
- The Exceptional Work of Mothers
- Trust God with Your Kids
- Invest in Your Marriage
- Help Your Kids Own Their Faith
- It’s Not Taught, It’s Caught
- Model a Love for God’s Word
- Practical Steps to Disciple Your Children
- Raise Kids Who Love God
- Pass on Your Faith to Your Kids
- What God Teaches Through Parenting
- The Ultimate Home Group
- Essential Parenting Principles
- The Spiritual Formation of Your Children
- Stop Freaking Out About Your Kids
- A Practical Step Towards Faith at Home
- Let Your Kids See Your Faith
- Create a Faith-Shaping Environment for Your Kids
- Practical Steps for Passing on Your Faith
- The Best Advice Ever Given to Parents
- Give Your Kids Tools to Defend Their Faith
- Daily Steps for Family Faith
- There’s Always Time to Make an Impact
- How to Cultivate Faith Within Your Family
- Helping Preschoolers Memorize Scripture
- Don’t Sacrifice Your Family for Work
- Develop a Love for the Bible
- Create a Culture of Confession
Part Two: Raising Girls to Become Women
- How to Be God’s Woman
- How Does Your Daughter Mirror You?
- Raising Teenage Daughters
- How to Help Girls with Body Image Issues
- How to Help Young Girls Find True Value in God
- How Can We Encourage Girls to Be Leaders?
- Help Your Students Find Real Beauty
Part Three: Raising Boys to Become Men
- How to Be God’s Man
- Biblical Manhood
- God’s Idea for Manhood
- How to Help Boys Become Men
Part Four: Parenting Teenagers
- Model Faith for Your Teen
- Teaching Children Healthy Sexuality
- What’s Missing from Your Sex Talk?
- Parenting a Teen in a Social Media World
- Teaching Students to Surrender Stuff
- Teaching Teens About Quiet Time
- Teaching Students to Surrender Status
- Teaching Students to Be On Mission
- Teaching Students to Love Others
- Teaching Students to Surrender Sin
- Teaching Students to Resist Temptation
- Teaching Students to Wage War with Sin
- Teaching Students to Surrender Self
- Teaching Students to Surrender Their Lives
- Teaching Students to Dig Down Deep
- Teaching Students to Survive Loss
- Teaching Students the Importance of Knowing God
- Teaching Students How God Makes Us Right
- Teaching Students About Finding Peace
- Teaching Students How We Change
- Teaching Students About the Struggle to Change
- Teaching Students to Invest in What Will Last
- Helping Teens Find Their Identity in Christ
- The Blessing and Difficulty of Raising Teens
- Identity and Social Media
Part Five: Special Topics
- Encouragement for Parents of Children with Special Needs
- God Finds Beauty in Broken Families
- Encouragement for Single Parents
- Adoption, Birth Families, and Hard Conversations
- Your Own Prodigal Child
- Be a Smart Stepfamily
- Hope for Parents of Prodigals
- How to Transition Well in Adoption
- Surviving Adoption One Moment at a Time
- Leave a Heritage of Faith for Your Grandkids
Related Classes You May Enjoy