How to Use This Course
This supplementary history class is the perfect unit to add to your American history study with younger elementary students. Students will look at topics including indentured servants in the colonies, slavery, immigration, and the significance of Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.
Each lesson includes text about the topic, comprehension questions, discussion questions, and links to related material.
- Week One: Indentured Servants, Slavery in America, Plantations
- Week Two: Negro Spirituals, Underground Railroad, Finding Freedom
- Week Three: Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, John Brown
- Week Four: Abraham Lincoln-Education, Early Life in Politics, The President
- Week Five: Civil War, Emancipation Proclamation, Frederick Douglass
Outline for remaining weeks will be posted shortly.