Welcome to Weekly Science Experiments with Jason Lindsey of Hooked on Science!
Hello! This is Jason Lindsey—aka “Mr. Science”—with Hooked on Science. Are you looking for a way to get your kids excited about science? If so, each week, I will show you how you can use a few items from around the house to not only get your kids excited about science, but also to teach basic science concepts.
My wife and I homeschool our four kids and can tell you these experiments have helped spark a love for science. The goal of these hands-on lessons is to inspire kids to be inquisitive about the world around them and to develop a long-term interest in science.
This Week’s Lesson:
Baby diapers contain a special science ingredient, which keeps babies happy and dry. Jason Lindsey aka “Mr. Science” with Hooked on Science dissects a baby diaper to show us how this amazing polymer works.
- What is inside the baby diaper that keeps babies happy and dry?
- What are the three different states of matter?
(Note: Parents should always go to these sites with your children, and monitor your children if they are on sites like YouTube or Facebook.)
Jason Lindsey is an award-winning science educator. Jason studied science and journalism at Western Kentucky University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree. At WKU, Jason focused on general science with an emphasis in meteorology and climatology. Jason has worked diligently for more than ten years to take science beyond the classroom window. Each year he performs hands-on science experiments at hundreds of schools and community events throughout the United States. His hands-on, kid-friendly science classes are offered throughout the year and have helped hook thousands of kids on science.
Jason previously worked as a chief meteorologist, backpack journalist, science reporter, and webmaster at WKAG-TV, WBKO-TV, KGWN-TV, and KFVS-TV. Jason now produces and hosts a hands-on science segment that airs on television stations across the nation. Jason has earned many awards for his science efforts.
· 2012 - Best Education Mobile Website - “www.hookedonscience.org”
· 2011 - Best Online Content – “www.hookedonscience.org”
· 2010 - Best Children’s Programming – “Hooked on Science”
· 2010 - Best Online Content – “www.hookedonscience.org”
· 2009 - Best Television Feature – “Hooked on Science”
· 2008 - Best Newspaper Feature – “Hooked on Science” and Best Television Feature – “Hooked on Science”
· 2007 - Best General Coverage – “Science Day 2006” and Best Television Feature “Heartland Science Lab”
· 2007 - Best Community Service Activity – “Science Day 2006”
On October 3, 2007 Jason organized “Science Day.” At Science Day 2007 folks from across southeast Missouri launched more than 1,000 “Mentos and soda fountains,” breaking the previous record of more than 800 launched in the Netherlands.
Jason is married to Lena Lindsey. They keep busy with their four kids, Conner, Ethan, Brynna, and Madigan.
Jason Lindsey Hooked on Science Executive Director/Founder/K-12 Science Educator E-Mail: email@example.com