How to Use This Course
Into the Elements is a writing workshop with best-selling author Donald Miller that helps students learn how to engage their audience and offer life-changing truth by following the lessons of storytelling found in the Bible. Whether students are pursuing writing or public speaking, they can learn valuable principles from this workshop.
Public speakers, novelists, screenwriters, teachers, biographers, journalists, memoirists, essayists, and communicators of any sort are invited into the elements.
Donald Miller delivers four lectures on the art of story, showing any communicator how to translate their ideas into stories that readers, viewers, and listeners can’t turn away from.
In this four-session series, you will learn to:
- Use the elements of a story to keep an audience interested in your lecture
- Keep a reader interested on every page of your novel
- Use the techniques for creating the beginning, middle, and end of your story
- Plot the story-arc before you ever write a word of your novel
- Understand how “The Story Question” is the heart of every story
- Create stories that are exciting, provocative, and meaningful
Into the Elements
- What is a Good Story?
- Character’s Ambition and Inciting Incident
- Conflict, Crisis, Climax, and Resolution
Related Classes You May Enjoy